Yampa is a domain-specific embedded language for the programming of hybrid (discrete and continuous time) systems using the concepts of Functional Reactive Programming (FRP). Yampa is structured using Arrows, which greatly reduce the chance of introducing space- and time-leaks into reactive, time-varying systems.
- Henrik Nilsson - A Brief Introduction to Functional Reactive Programming and Yampa
- Henrik Nilsson - ITU-FRP2010
- Paul Hudak - Yampa, Arrows, and Robots
- Yampa tutorials by Gerold Meisinger
- Yampa book - Tutorial series for BearRiver Yampa
- library reference sheet: ps, pdf
Primitive signal functions
(download original Image:Yampa signal functions.svg)
Each switch comes in two different flavors:
- immediate: switch to the new behaviour immediately and also calculate the return value based on the new behaviour.
- delayed: return the value based on the old behaviour, but use the new behaviour afterwards. To use delayed switch prefix the switching functions with the letter 'd', f.e. 'drpSwitchB'.
- Yampa-Users mailing list - Yampa-related comments, questions, discussions, and announcements. You can also send bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- #yampa - This is Yampa IRC Channel, please refer to Getting there on how to join the channel.
- Yampy Cube - a live coding presentation with Yampa by Konstantin Zudov at Helsinki FRP Meetup May 6, 2015. (Source code on Github)
- George Giorgidze created YampaSynth, a modular music synthesizer written in Haskell and using Yampa.
- Hai (Paul) Liu papers and slides
- Blog about Yampa - introduction tutorials and diagrams
- Demonstrating a Time Leak in Arrowized FRP (Web archive)
- An overview of Yampa video clips on YouTube
- YampaSynth - is a software synthesizer implemented in Haskell using Yampa. It contains a framework of sound generating and sound shaping modules (e.g. oscillator, amplifier, mixer, envelope generator, filter, etc.) and example applications.
- Frag; a simple Quake 3 clone, using a very early version of Yampa called arrowized functional reactive programming (AFRP)
- SpaceInvaders; a video game, demonstrating the usage of Yampa
- cuboid; a small puzzle game
- Haskelloids; asteroids clone
- Nettle - Programming Network Routers
- Euterpea - computer music development (also uses CCA)
- YFrob; robot simulation
- Haskanoid A breakout-like videogame with SDL graphics and sound that can optionally be controlled with a Wiimote or a Kinect.
- Magic Cookies! An iOS/Android board game implemented in Haskell using Yampa and SDL2.