Harpy is a library for run-time x86 code generation in Haskell programs. Harpy requires several Haskell extensions and GHC-specific features (Template Haskell, multi-parameter type classes and monad transformers). It is available from Hackage
- 64-bit mode is not supported
- MMX, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 instructions and registers are not supported.
- The disassembler supports (in principle) 64-bit mode and SSE instructions, but this has not been tested.
- Buffer overflow checks have to be done manually with checkBufferSize or ensureBufferSize
- Writing x86 code generators with Harpy:
- Harpy: Run-time Code Generation in Haskell (PDF), describing a fast factorial function
- A fast factorial function (literate Haskell source code)
- Run-time compiler for call-by-value lambda calculus (literate Haskell source code)
- Generating x86 assembly
- Compiling a DSL to x86 assembly
- Disassembling x86
- Generating more code with Harpy