Difference between revisions of "Applications and libraries/Games"
(→Game Engines and Libraries)
(→Game Engines and Libraries)
|Line 109:||Line 109:|
:FunGEn (Functional Game Engine) is a platform-independent
:FunGEn (Functional Game Engine) is a platform-independent BSD-licensed game engine and . As of 2011 it's the only general-purpose game engine, and the quickest way to throw together [http://darcsden.com/simon/fungen/browse/examples/helloworld.hs simple] [http://darcsden.com/simon/fungen/browse/examples/pong/pong.hs 2D] [http://darcsden.com/simon/fungen/browse/examples/worms/worms.hs games], in Haskell. Forks and patches welcome!
Revision as of 20:06, 13 February 2011
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.
See also: Game Development
- An implementation of a simple 2-player board game. Uses wxHaskell.
- Defend The King from Forces of Different
- A simple multiplayer real time strategy game.
- Endless Cavern
- A 2D procedurally-generated cave exploration game.
- Foo (abbreviation from football) is a playing machine of Paper Soccer, a pencil and paper game for two players. It contains a simple interface using HOpenGL library and provides many playing algorithms.
- Frag is a 3D first person shooting game written in Haskell, by Mun Hon Cheong. It uses Yampa, Quake 3 BSP level format and OpenGL. It is licensed under the GPL.
- The General Boardgames Player, offers a set of board games: Ataxx, Bamp, Halma, Hez, Kram, Nim, Reversi, TicTacToe, and Zenix. It uses wxHaskell.
- Haskell in Space
- An asteroid like game
- A turn-based artillery game. The game server is written in Haskell.
- ASCII tetris in Haskell
- Four in a Row in Haskell. Uses wxHaskell.
- A simple ANSI-graphics space invaders written entirely in Haskell 98.
- Chess AI engine
- GTK chess client
- A small roguelike game with a flexible engine. GTK and terminal front-ends.
- Lost Cities
- A two-player card game where each player tries to mount profitable expeditions. It uses wxHaskell.
- Nethack clone written in Haskell (The web site have this mage-1.0.pre35.tar.gz file containing an older version that was using Data.FiniteMap.) There seems to be a problem with newer curses library even with the more recent 1.1.0 version.
- Role-Playing Game (influenced by Nethack), complete and fully playable. Console mode only.
- Monadius is a shoot 'em up with the selection bar power-up system for Windows, written in Haskell (now on Hackage)
- Octane Mech
- Octane Mech, OpenGL Haskell based mech game
- OpenGL Tetris
- Tetris in Haskell with OpenGL
- Paratrooper is a simple action game that runs on Windows and is written in literate Haskell.
- 2D puzzle game featuring a fuzzy little cat (uses GLUT)
- Roguestar is a science fiction adventure role playing game using Haskell and OpenGL.
- A 2-D vector graphics upwards-scrolling keyboard-controlled shooter. You shoot the enemies while dodging their bullets until you reach and defeat the enemy.
- TriHs (tar.gz)
- A 1- or 2-player Tetris game using Gtk2Hs and Cairo.
- Your space ship enters an asteroid belt, try to avoid collisions! wxAsteroids is based on wxHaskell.
- An implementation of xiangqi for Unix, using gtk2hs + cairo
- An action RPG for mobile devices
- An attempt on a "five-in-a-row"-program
- Conway's Game of Life
- A Haskell implementation of hashlife. It uses GLUT.
- Nikki and the Robots
- A puzzle, platformer game
Game Engines and Libraries
- FunGEn (Functional Game Engine) is a platform-independent BSD-licensed 2D game engine based on OpenGL and GLUT. Its light dependencies make it easy to install, however GLUT is reputed to be unsuitable for simultaneous keypresses. As of 2011 it's the only general-purpose game engine, and the quickest way to throw together simple 2D games, in Haskell. Forks and patches welcome!
- Hipmunk: A Haskell binding for Chipmunk. Chipmunk is a fast, simple, portable, 2D physics engine. It is completely self-contained. See also HipmunkPlayground: a simple OpenGL program that allows you to see some of Hipmunk's functions in action.
- Hpysics is a physics engine written using Data Parallel Haskell during Google Summer of Code 2008.
- A wrapper for the Bullet physics engine.
- game-tree is a purely functional library for searching game trees - useful for zero-sum two player games.
- Haskell binding to the Irrlicht game engine. The Irrlicht Engine is an open source high performance realtime 3D engine
- LambdaCube is a 3D rendering engine entirely written in Haskell. The main goal of this project is to provide a modern and feature rich graphical backend for various Haskell projects, and in the long run it is intended to be a practical solution even for serious purposes.
- An example of using graphics-drawingcombinators on Mac OSX, to ease getting started on that platform.
Unfinished/in-progress game engines/libraries
- An incomplete graphics system abstraction layer.
- A framework for network games