Practice of Functional Programming
Practice of Functional Programing is a Russian electronic magazine dedicated to promote functional programming, with both theoretical and explanatory articles as well as practical ones (FP success stories). Much of the material is often related to Haskell. Visit the Official web-site of this magazine (in Russian).
The magazine is officially registered with ISSN 2075-8456.
We want to distribute this magazine free of charge. But it's hard to create it for free. So you can make a donation with WebMoney (R218751601599), Yandex.Money (41001450150424) or PayPal. The editorial and authors staff will be grateful for any pecuniary aid.
The first issue was released on July 20, 2009. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles (the links point to HTML versions of the articles):
- Lazy to Fear by Serguey A. Zefirov
- Functions and Functional Approach by Roman V. Dushkin
- The Perils of Mutable State and Methods for Fighting Them by Eugene R. Kirpichov
- I haven't Taken the Checkers for a Long Time (there is a play of words in Russian) by Dmitry E. Astapov
- Haskell Monoids and their Uses by Dan Piponi (translated into Russian by Kirill V. Zaborski)
- An Overview of Bibliography on Functional Programming by Alex Ott
The editor of the first issue is Lev Walkin.
The second issue was released on September 28, 2009. It was devoted mainly to Functional Programming success stories. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles:
- The History of One Compiler Development by Dmitry Zuikov
- Use of Haskell for Maintenance of a Mission-critical Informational System by Dmitry E. Astapov
- Prototyping with the Aid of Functional Languages by Serguey A. Zefirov and Vladislav Balin
- Use of Scheme in Development of the Dozor-Jet Products Family by Alex Ott
- How to Steal a Billion by Alexander Samoilovich
- Algebraic Data Types and their Uses in Programming by Roman V. Dushkin
The editor of the second issue is Lev Walkin.
The third issue is in the works and planned to be released on December 20, 2009.
The editors of the third issue are Lev Walkin and Dmitry E. Astapov.