Real World Applications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
It is not always clear how to scale up from small "batch oriented" Haskell applications to large scale "Real World/Enterprise" Haskell systems. In other words, how to create large-scale systems that support complex business processes, information flows, reporting, data analytics etc. using Haskell.
The following articles show a number of different ways to attack this problem.
Event Driven Applications
An event driven application/system is here defined to be an application/system that reacts to external events.
Examples would be:
- A text editor that reacts to user events (key pressed, mouse moved).
- A web server reacting to IO events (message arrived, image compression done).
- A commercial game reacting to simulated physics events and user input.
- A report ready for distribution.
- A loan application having been accepted.
More here: Event Driven Applications
Your Contribution Here
Please contribute additional/alternative ways to structure large scale Haskell applications here.
Questions and feedback
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to mail me.