A range of Haskell User Groups are springing up all over. Also see a Map of Haskellers.
Regular meetings in a particular geographical area. Great if you want to see and meet other Haskellers.
- The Bay Area Functional Programmers group
- Meeting monthly in the San Francisco Bay area. See their blog for more details and news of upcoming meetings.
- PDXfunc: Portland FP Group
- Monthly meetings of the Portland, Oregon functional programming group. Meetings occur on the second Monday of each month at 7 pm, typically in Downtown/NW Portland.
- Seattle: Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group
- a Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group in Seattle.
- Vancouver, Canada: Haskell Programmers Group
- Regular informal meetings for local Haskell programmers/devotees.
- Boston Haskell Users' Group.
- Meets monthly.
- New York Functional Programmers Network
- Come and meet like-minded functional programmers in the New York area. The next meeting is at 6:30pm on February 26th, at Credit Suisse's offices. Paul Hudak from Yale will be giving a talk on real-time sound synthesis using Haskell. Please RSVP at the NYFPN Meetup Page.
- FringeDC Washington
- Meetings about functional programming languages in Washington DC.
- Atlanta Functional Programming Users Group
- Meet other functional programmers in the Atlanta area. Join us and geek out!
- Chicago Haskell User Group — new group, had first general meeting in December 2009; meeting every other month.
- Denver Area Haskell Users Group -- DenHUG had it's first meeting on 27 Feb 2010. Next meeting will be 3 Apr 2010.
- St. Louis Lambda Lounge -- Meets the 1st Thursday of the month. Since Dec 2008, Lambda Lounge is a user group in St. Louis organized loosely around the idea of exploring dynamic and functional languages.
- FP-SYD, the Sydney (Australia) Functional Programming group
- FP hackers in Sydney.
- (FPU) Melbourne Functional Programming Union
- The FPU is a collective of functional programming language enthusiasts, which has been in operation since 1998. We are based at the University of Melbourne, in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, but we are open to all members of the community. We meet on a regular basis for lively discussions on topics broadly associated with the declarative programming paradigm.
- Brisbane Functional Programming Group
- A group for Functional Programming with Haskell, Scala and other languages.
- London Haskell User Group
- The first meeting of the London Haskell User Group took place on 23rd May 2007, at City University in central London
If anyone is interested in a user group in Cambridge, UK please let me know ( email@example.com ).
- Haskell in Leipzig
- Hal, they have videos online.
- Haskell User Group Zurich
- A user group for the haskell users residing in Zurich and surroundings. It's new and still being formed.
- Saint-Petersburg Haskell User Group
- The next meeting will be held in April, 2008.
- We had a first meeting in August 2008 and we are planning a second one sometime during the 2008/2009 Autumn/Winter season.
- Turkey Haskell Programmer's Group
- Formed by Turkish Functional Programmers, the group began to communicate via an e-mail list opened by core.gen.tr. The first contribution is hlibev project by Aycan iRiCAN.
- BILFP (Bilkent University Comp. Eng. Dept. Functional Programming Society) Turkey
- Project aims to improve people's knowledge and encourage the use of functional programming languages — especially in Turkey. Group is open to functional-programming-related discussions and establishes related presentations at Bilkent University that are open to anybody.
- Dutch HUG
- The Dutch HUG meets monthly in an informal setting.
- fp-southwales, the South Wales Functional Programming User Group
- Starting up in late 2009, based out of Swansea University.
- Functional Programming Ghent
- The Ghent Functional Programming Group will be having its first meeting on April 1, 2010.
- Haskell Users' Group for Brasil
- China Lisp User Group
- China Lisp User Group (CLUG) is the earliest founded Lisp user group in China.
Less regular, and move around. Usually have a few talks from invited speakers.
- AngloHaskell is a Haskell meeting held in England once a year.
- Australian Haskell Programmer's Group
- USAsian Haskell Programmer's Group
- Sing(apore)Haskell is a Haskell (and related languages) meeting in Singapore
- Sydney Area Programming Languages Interest Group
- 10am-4pm, June 12, 2007. Room T5, Building E7B, Macquarie University
- Utrecht Functioneel Programmeren dag 2008
- 11 januari 2008
Getting together to squash bugs and write new stuff. For a more complete list, see Hackathon.
- Hac 07 was held January 10-12, 2007, Oxford University Computing Laboratory
- HaL3 Hackathon
- HaL3 was held Apr 19-20, 2008, Leipzig
- Hac5 was held 17-19 April 2009 in Utrecht.
See the Conferences page for academic workshops and conferences focusing on Haskell and related technology