Applications and libraries
Applications, libraries and tools written in Haskell.
Developers: if you release any Haskell code, please document it for the community, by adding it to the appropriate category on this page.
The first places to look for data types or functions are:
- The Standard Prelude
- Language and library specification
- The Standard Hierarchical Libraries
- The Hackage database (beta)
Categories of Libraries and Tools
Third party libraries and tools for Haskell, or written in Haskell:
- Program development
- Data structures
- Extended Haskell
- Tools for interfacing with other languages
- Operating systems and systems programming
- Concurrency and parallelism
- Database interfaces
- Graphical User Interface Libraries
- Web, HTML, XML
- Parsing, lexing and regular expressions
- Pretty-printer libraries
- Mathematics and physics
- Compilers and interpreters
- Theorem provers
- Hardware verification
- Audio, music and sound
- Genetic programming
- Linguistics and natural language processing
- Cryptography and hashing
- Generic programming
Other places to look include:
- The Haskell community reports
- The archives of the Haskell Weekly News
- The mailing list for discussion of issues related to libraries.
- freshmeat.net has an alternative list of software written in Haskell
Best practices for making new submissions:
- Guide to making standard library submissions
- How to write a Haskell program
- If you notice the library documentation is lacking, or could be improved, please report it here
- Google Code Search can help identify common idioms, improving your API
- Advice on the best libraries to use for particular problem cases.
- Project activity for some of the larger Haskell projects is graphed here.
- Cabal, The Common Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries, is a framework for packaging, building, and installing any tool developed in the Haskell language.
Proposals for the module name space layout that can be used to guide the construction of new libraries.
Libraries for other languages
If you are thinking about designing a new library for Haskell, you ought to look what has been done in other languages. Here are standard library definitions for