Difference between revisions of "Applications and libraries/Compilers and interpreters"
m (Added Atom)
m (Added Atom)
|Line 162:||Line 162:|
:Atom is a small HDL that compiles conditional term rewriting
:Atom is a small HDL that compiles conditional term rewriting systems down to Verilog RTL.
systems down to Verilog RTL.
Revision as of 16:58, 5 April 2007
Haskell, with its support for pattern matching on data structures, generic structure traversals, and expressive type system, is popular for implementing compilers and interpreters. Here's a selection of compilers and interpreters implemented in Haskell.
- 1 Large languages
- 1.1 Haskell
- 1.2 Perl
- 1.3 Ruby
- 1.4 Flapjax
- 1.5 Scheme
- 1.6 Lisp
- 1.7 Emacs Lisp
- 1.8 Epigram
- 1.9 Curry
- 1.10 Bluespec
- 1.11 Cayenne
- 1.12 Agda
- 1.13 PolyP
- 1.14 Forth
- 1.15 Eiffel
- 1.16 Crouton
- 2 Small languages
- 3 Debuggers
- GHC, The Glasgow Haskell Compiler, is written in Haskell
- Yhc, The York Haskell Compiler, is written in Haskell
- Jhc is a Haskell compiler which aims to produce the most efficient programs possible via whole program analysis
- A compiler for Haskell 98, written in Haskell
- The purpose of the EHC project is to provide a description of a Haskell compiler which is as understandable as possible so it can be used for education as well as research.
- A parallel version of Haskell from MIT.
- A Haskell subset for educational purposes
- Generic Haskell
- An extension of Haskell that supports generic programming
Data Field Haskell
- Data Field Haskell
- A dialect of the functional programming language Haskell that provides an instance of data fields
- A Haskell dialect for parallel programming
- A Haskell-style language which implements the ideas described in a ``A Theory of Overloading``
CHR (Constraint Handling Rules)
- CHR (ps)
- A concurrent committed-choice constraint logic programming language, implemented using GHC's software transactional memory.
- Pugs is an implementation of Perl 6, written in Haskell. It aims to implement the full Perl6 specification.
- RType is a Ruby interpreter written in Haskell
- Flapjax is a language for functional reactive programming of AJAX web applications, whose compiler (source) is written in Haskell.
- Write Yourself a Scheme in 48 Hours
- A small Scheme interpreter
- A Lisp Interpreter In Haskell
- A small lisp interpreter written in Haskell
- The beginnings of an Emacs lisp compiler/interpreter.
- Epigram is a prototype dependently typed functional programming language
- The Münster Curry Compiler
- A native code compiler for the declarative multi-paradigm language Curry, written in Haskell
- A compiler for a hardware description language translating a Haskell-like (but with System Verilog syntax these days) language to Verilog.
- A compiler for a Haskell-like language with depedent types.
- A Cayenne-like programming language and proof assistant.
- A polytypic programming language
- Harrorth, a Forth interpreter
- Dynamic binding in Eiffel
- A model of dynamic binding in ECMA Eiffel, in Haskell
- Crouton is a small but fairly complete functional programming language for querying and transforming parsed manuscripts, such as the PPCME. It is intended as an alternative to Corpus Search, based on a different philosophy. It is written in (and largely based on) the very nice functional programming language Haskell using the Parsec library
- An interpreter for a small functional programming language. Supports strict and non-strict evaluation, and type inference. Useful for teaching purposes.
- An implementation of unlambda in Haskell
- An implementation of BF in Haskell
- An implementation of the untyped lambda calculus
QML, a functional quantum programming language
- QML: A Functional Quantum Programming Language project
- It is implemented in Haskell.
HQL - HHM's Quantified Lambda
- Hernan's Quantified Lambda
- a small functional language, whose expressions can involve the use of quantifier operators
- Atom is a small HDL that compiles conditional term rewriting systems down to Verilog RTL.
- A declarative debugger for OBJ-like languages
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.