Applications and libraries/Compilers and interpreters
Haskell, with its support for pattern matching on data structures, and expressive type system, is popular for implementing compilers and intepreters. Here's a selection of languages implemented in Haskell.
- GHC, The Glasgow Haskell Compiler, is written in Haskell
- Pugs is an implementation of Perl 6, written in Haskell. It aims to implement the full Perl6 specification.
- RType is a Ruby interpreter written in Haskell
- Write Yourself a Scheme in 48 Hours
- A Haskell Tutorial.
- Epigram is a prototype dependently typed functional programming
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.