Difference between revisions of "Applications and libraries/Database interfaces"
(→Current: edit for consistent formatting with the rest of the entries)
(Update HaskellDB links.)
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
[://.//haskelldb ] is a combinator library for expressing queries and other operations on relational databases in a type safe and declarative way. All the queries and operations are completely expressed within Haskell, no embedded (SQL) commands are needed.
This close integration makes it possible to do arbitrary computations on the database (like computing the transitive closure). ([http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/haskelldb HaskellDB in Hackage])
;Berkeley DB/DB XML binding
;Berkeley DB/DB XML binding
Revision as of 18:32, 28 January 2013
- A library to interface to Oracle, Sqlite, and Postgres, with an API based on a left-fold enumerator. Now hosted at code.haskell.org. (Takusen in Hackage)
- Database Supported Haskell
- DSH is a Haskell library for database-supported program execution. Using this library a relational database management system (RDBMS) can be used as a coprocessor for the Haskell programming language, especially for those program fragments that carry out data-intensive and data-parallel computation.
- HDBC is modeled loosely on Perl's DBI interface, though it has also been influenced by Python's DB-API v2, JDBC in Java, and HSQL in Haskell. Supports SQLite3, PostgreSQL, ODBC (including MySQL). (HDBC in Hackage)
HaskellDB is a combinator library for expressing queries and other operations on relational databases in a type safe and declarative way. All the queries and operations are completely expressed within Haskell, no embedded (SQL) commands are needed.
This close integration makes it possible to do arbitrary computations on the database (like computing the transitive closure). (HaskellDB in Hackage)
- Berkeley DB/DB XML binding
- See BerkeleyDBXML in Hackage
- HSQL is a simple library which provides an interface to multiple databases. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, SQLite and Oracle are currently supported. It is part of HToolkit. (HSQL in Hackage)
- mysql-simple, postgresql-simple, sqlite-simple
- The *-simple packages provide a mid-level database interface to MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite. They each have a similar API but do not attempt to generalize to cover multiple database implementations under a single library. This enables each library to expose database-specific features. These libraries rely on SQL queries embedded as strings but do support automatically converting fields to/from the database to Haskell types.
Move these to [#Current] if they are updated.
- PURe See a separate Haskell Wiki page on it. It is another type safe and declarative approach to database managament in Haskell. (Development discontinued in 2006)
- PURe VooDooM reads VDM-SL specifications and applies transformation rules to the datatypes that are defined in them to obtain a relational representation for these datatypes. The relational representation can be exported as VDM-SL datatypes (inserted back into the original specification) or SQL table definitions (which can be fed to a relational DBMS). (Development discontinued in 2006)
- HaSQL is a Haskell to ODBC interface. HaSQL allows Haskell program to run SQL queries against an ODBC compliant database. Queries with parameters are supported. Data is retrieved from the database as a lazy list. (Development dicontinued.)
- MySQL-HS is an interface to the MySQL database.
- Note: Development was discontinued on 2004-09-21.
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.