Applications and libraries/Database interfaces
< Applications and libraries
Revision as of 13:08, 23 September 2008 by Blackh (BerkeleyDBXML binding released, so moved to Current)
- A library to interface to Oracle, Sqlite, and Postgres, with an API based on a left-fold enumerator. Now hosted at darcs.haskell.org. (Takusen in Hackage) (Last updated: 2008)
- HDBC is modeled loosely on Perl's DBI interface, though it has also been influenced by Python's DB-API v2, JDBC in Java, and HSQL in Haskell. Supports SQLite3, PostgreSQL, ODBC (including MySQL). (HDBC in Hackage) (Last updated: 2008)
- Berkeley DB/DB XML binding
- See BerkeleyDBXML in Hackage
Move these to [#Current] if they are updated.
- HSQL is a simple library which provides an interface to multiple databases. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, SQLite and Oracle are currently supported. It is part of HToolkit.
- HSQL's cabal package is not yet updated for GHC 6.8, but there are install instructions for GHC 6.8 . (HSQL in Hackage) (Package updated: 2007; Instructions updated: 2008)
- Daan Leijen's original HaskellDB, and an updated version that works with current Haskell implementations and is relatively platform-independent. HaskellDB is a combinator library for expressing queries and other operations on relational databases in a type safe and declarative way. All the queries and operations are completely expressed within Haskell, no embedded (SQL) commands are needed. This close integration makes it possible to do arbitrary computations on the database (like computing the transitive closure). (Last updated: 2007. Doesn't build with GHC 6.8)
- PURe See a separate Haskell Wiki page on it. It is another type safe and declarative approach to database managament in Haskell. (Development discontinued in 2006)
- PURe VooDooM reads VDM-SL specifications and applies transformation rules to the datatypes that are defined in them to obtain a relational representation for these datatypes. The relational representation can be exported as VDM-SL datatypes (inserted back into the original specification) or SQL table definitions (which can be fed to a relational DBMS). (Development discontinued in 2006)
- HaSQL is a Haskell to ODBC interface. HaSQL allows Haskell program to run SQL queries against an ODBC compliant database. Queries with parameters are supported. Data is retrieved from the database as a lazy list. (Development dicontinued.)
- MySQL-HS is an interface to the MySQL database.
- Note: Development was discontinued on 2004-09-21.
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.