Applications and libraries/Extended Haskell
< Applications and libraries
Revision as of 13:12, 22 March 2006 by BjornBringert (Moved extended haskell stuff from the old libraries page.)
- The copyright status of this work is not known. Please help resolve this on the talk page.
The purpose of these systems is to enhance the capabilities of Haskell in some way. These are not targeted at any specific application domains.
- A Haskell extension that extends the normal pattern matching facility with the power of regular expressions.
- Ross Patterson has developed a preprocessor that provides a nice notation for Arrows, a generalization of monads.
- Functional Reactive Programming
- Functional reactive programming integrates time flow into functional programming. This provides an elegant way to express computation in domains such as interactive animations, robotics, computer vision, user interfaces, and simulation. The Yampa system is an implementation of FRP based on arrows.