Difference between revisions of "Applications and libraries/Games"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
: A Haskell implementation of hashlife. It uses GLUT.
: A Haskell implementation of hashlife . It uses GLUT.
Revision as of 22:00, 2 February 2010
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.
- David Roundy originally developed a Bridge game in Haskell and wrote a versioning system for this project. However as time went by, the versioning project Darcs became the more important part of the development and the bridge game was stalled.
- Endless Cavern
- A 2D procedurally-generated cave exploration game.
- Foo (abbreviation from football) is a playing machine of Paper Soccer, a pencil and paper game for two players. It contains a simple interface using HOpenGL library and provides many playing algorithms.
- Frag is a 3D first person shooting game written in Haskell, by Mun Hon Cheong. It uses Yampa, Quake 3 BSP level format and OpenGL. It is licensed under the GPL.
- Haskell in Space
- An asteroid like game
- ASCII tetris in Haskell
- A simple ANSI-graphics space invaders written entirely in Haskell 98. See also hackage and darcs.
- Chess AI engine
- A Haskell implementation of hashlife (not complete). It uses GLUT.
- GTK chess client
- Lost Cities
- A two-player card game where each player tries to mount profitable expeditions. It uses wxHaskell.
- Mage (tar.gz)
- Nethack clone written in Haskell
- Role-Playing Game (influenced by Nethack), complete and fully playable. Console mode only.
- Monadius is a shoot 'em up with the selection bar power-up system for Windows, written in Haskell (now on Hackage)
- Octane Mech
- Octane Mech, OpenGL Haskell based mech game
- OpenGL Tetris
- Tetris in Haskell with OpenGL
- Paratrooper is a simple action game that runs on Windows and is written in literate Haskell.
- 2D puzzle game featuring a fuzzy little cat (uses GLUT)
- Roguestar is a science fiction adventure role playing game using Haskell and OpenGL.
- A 2-D vector graphics upwards-scrolling keyboard-controlled shooter. You shoot the enemies while dodging their bullets until you reach and defeat the enemy.
- TriHs (tar.gz)
- A 1- or 2-player Tetris game using Gtk2Hs and Cairo.
- Your space ship enters an asteroid belt, try to avoid collisions! wxAsteroids is based on wxHaskell.
- An implementation of xiangqi for Unix, using gtk2hs + cairo
- Hipmunk: A Haskell binding for Chipmunk. Chipmunk is a fast, simple, portable, 2D physics engine. It is completely self-contained. See also HipmunkPlayground: a simple OpenGL program that allows you to see some of Hipmunk's functions in action.
- Hpysics is a physics engine written using Data Parallel Haskell during Google Summer of Code 2008.
- FunGEn - a game engine for Haskell
- FunGEn (Functional Game Engine) is a 2D platform-independent game engine implemented in and for Haskell, using HOpenGL. It is intended to help game programmers in the game development process, in a faster and automated way.
- Note, that this is released in 2002 and currently will not compile.
- game-tree - searching dynamic game trees
- game-tree is a purely functional library for searching game trees - useful for zero-sum two player games.
- Matthew Sackman and Tristan Allwood on developing games with OpenGL in Haskell