(→Articles and blog posts: Added a link to "Purely Functional, Declarative Game Logic Using Reactive Programming")
Revision as of 08:40, 27 January 2012
There are quite a lot of games, unfinished libraries, and interested people out there - please gather links here and join us on #haskell-game !
1 Games and game engines
2 Articles and blog posts
- GorillaBAS - there is a paper included
- The Next Mainstream Programming Languages: A Game Developer's Perspective (PPT, PDF) presentation by Tim Sweeney
- wxHaskell - A Portable and Concise GUI Library for Haskell (PDF) - describes an implementation of an asteroids game, wxAsteroids
- Haskell for Games! Blog post, with PDF slides from AngloHaskell talk.
- Postmortem: Naughty Dog's Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy; an article about a game developed with a DSL compiler written in Lisp
- Lambdor blog mostly about Yampa FRP and game development in Haskell with some tutorials
- Games in Haskell - Matthew Sackman and Tristan Allwood on developing games with OpenGL in Haskell
- GorillaBAS - this is an attempt on defining computer games, and build such a thing.
- https://github.com/mlesniak/game - Haskell/OpenGL/Chipmunk game prototypes
- hssdl-mac-example - how to make an SDL-using package buildable on mac OSX
- http://codepad.org/LRGEkkDp - initialization for SDL to start rendering OpenGL stuff
- http://hackage.haskell.org/package/stunts - A revival of the classic racing game Stunts to serve as a non-toy-sized example for LambdaCube.
- Possible Hackage categorisation guidelines: upload games to Game, engines and libs to Game Engine, or at least to some category beginning with Game, and check latest categories before uploading
Is hackage missing a useful data structure or library for some functionality that would benefit game programming? Suggestions for useful things can be added here as potential projects to hack on.
- Octtree, kd-tree, various space partitioning techniques (maybe start with spacepart).
- Binding to fmod
- Binding to enet for multiplayer games. (jeffz is working on this).