Ghent Functional Programming Group
(Added date for fourthand fifth meeting. Added data for the Hackathon to this page.)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
We are organizing a Hackaton
We are organizing a Hackaton . More information can be found [[/BelHac|on this page]].
===June 29 Meeting===
===June 29 Meeting===
Revision as of 07:12, 3 September 2010
The "Functional Programming Group Ghent" (GhentFPG) is just starting up. We'll have a next meeting at June 29. The full program can be found online.
1 Stay informed
- For up-to-date information, join our google group (this is like a mailing list)
- Or follow us on Twitter
- And we can also be reached on IRC using the #ghentfpg channel on freenode.
We are organizing a Hackaton from November 5 to November 7, 2010. More information can be found on this page.
3 Meeting information
4 Hackathon Meeting=
The fifth meeting will be held during the Haskell Hackathon, but this does not mean that talks/topics discussed during the meeting should be restricted to Haskell, obviously. The precise date and time will be announced later.
4.1 October 7 Meeting
Our fourth meeting will be held on October 7, 2010, from 19:00 onward. Same location as the previous meetings: Ghent University Technicum, St.-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, Left Entrance. The program will be announced when it's ready.
4.2 June 29 Meeting
Our third meeting will be on June 29, 2010. This is again in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, left entrance. The program will be as follows:
- Pierre Carbonnelle - Declarative programming for Business Logic - a new Open-source project
- Tom Schrijvers - Monadic Constraint Programming
- Wouter Kampmann, Lieven Lemiengre - Lightning Talk on Scala
Abstracts of the talks can be found in this google groups message.
4.3 May 13 Meeting
Our second meeting was on May 13, 2010 in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program was as follows:
- Atze Dijkstra: The Utrecht Haskell Compiler
- Jean-Christophe Mincke: An Introduction To Monads
- Drinks at a local bar
4.4 April 1 Meeting (First Meeting)
Our first meeting was on April 1, 2010. This was in the 'Technicum' building of Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, starting at 19:00. The program was as follows:
- Jeroen Janssen - Welcome and short introduction to FP
- Jasper Van der Jeugt - "BlazeHtml: a blazingly fast Html generator in Haskell"
- Tom Schrijvers - "Functional Pearl: The Monad Zipper"
- Romain Slootmaekers - "Functional Programming at Amplidata : a tentative experience report"
- Anonymous - "An introduction to PHunctional Programming"
- Short discussion on the direction of the Ghent Functional Programming Group