Ghent Functional Programming Group/BelHac
The Haskell Hackathon is an international, grassroots collaborative coding festival with a simple focus: build and improve Haskell libraries, tools, and infrastructure.
BelHac will be held in November in "The Therminal" in Ghent, Belgium. It is open to all -- you do not have to be a Haskell guru to attend. All you need is a basic knowledge of Haskell, a willingness to learn, and a project you're excited to help with (or a project of your own to work on).
There will be lots of hacking, good beer, and, of course, fun!
- Mailing list: email@example.com
- IRC channel: #ghentfpg on FreeNode
You can register here.
- July 20: Registration is now open!
- Friday, 5th of November: 2pm - 7pm
- Saturday, 6th of November: 10am - 6pm
- Sunday, 7th of November: 10am - 6pm
- Friday: short introduction, followed by hacking and sponsored food. There will also be a "Real World Haskell Crash Course" for unexperienced but interested people.
- Saturday: Hacking!
- Sunday: More hacking, and in the afternoon we will have a couple of (lightning) talks.
4 Getting there
4.1 Getting to Ghent
(To be expanded)
4.2 Getting to The Therminal
The address of The Therminal is
Hoveniersberg 24 9000 Gent Belgium
Here is a map
(To be expanded)
Since Ghent is quite a tourist city, you should have no problems finding a place to stay.
We're still looking for sponsors to help us provide food, drinks and t-shirts. If you or your company is interested in sponsoring please contact one of the organizers.
8 Organizers & Contact
This GhentFPG organizing committee is behind this Hackaton. You can contact us at
- Jasper Van der Jeugt (irc: jaspervdj, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +32-476-26-28-27)