|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 13:13, 17 December 2012
Hi Haskell Hackers!
There are only 5 days left until the fourth Hackathon (http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4) at Chalmers University in Gothenburg, Sweden.
If you haven't registered, yet, please do so now!
Registration deadline: Tuesday, April 8, 2008
To register, go to http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4/Register and follow the steps.
For all those already registered, here's a short (not nearly complete) checklist:
- Make sure you have an account on code.haskell.org. (See http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4/Projects for how to do that.)
- Decide what to work on if you haven't yet. (See http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac4/Projects for ideas.)
- Make sure your laptop is working and that you take all required extra equipment. (If your wireless driver sucks, we can probably find some cables and a switch here.)
- It would be good to have all the code you want to work on already on your computer. Also make sure it builds with your compiler version. If your distro doesn't have binaries, maybe install some software in advance, like Gobby or profiled versions of GHC, newest version of gtk2hs or whatever seems appropriate. It would just be a shame to waste hours of precious hacking time.
- Make a backup. Just in case. ;)
- Many hostels want a confirmation a few days before arrival, don't forget.
- If you need some phone numbers of locals, check the wiki site, if you need some more help from us locals, you can ask us at our IRC channel #haskell-hac4.
We're looking forward to a fun weekend!
/ The Hac4 Team