(Difference between revisions)
(give Harpy its own page, Intro and examples)
m (Added category)
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Revision as of 00:35, 15 November 2008
Harpy is a library for run-time x86 code generation in Haskell programs. Harpy requires several Haskell extensions and GHC-specific features (the Haskell FFI, Template Haskell, multi-parameter type classes and monad transformers).
- 64-bit mode is not supported
- MMX, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 instructions and registers are not supported.
- The disassembler supports (in principle) 64-bit mode and SSE instructions, but this has not been tested.
- Buffer overflow checks have to be done manually with checkBufferSize or ensureBufferSize
- Writing x86 code generators with Harpy: