Haskell is a general purpose, purely functional programming language featuring static typing, higher order functions, polymorphism, type classes, and monadic effects. Haskell compilers are freely available for almost any computer.
2 Getting started
- BOB 2015
- What happens, if you don't choose the standard solution but the best one?
- January 23, 2015, Berlin, Germany
- Dutch Functional Programming day (NL-FP 2015)
- January 9, 2015, University of Twente, The Netherlands
- 6th Utrecht Summerschool on Applied Functional Programming
- July 7-18, 2014, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- June 20, 2014, Halle, Germany
- ZuriHac 2014
- June 6-8, 2014, Zurich, Switzerland
- Budapest Hackathon 2014
- May 31 - June 1, 2014, Budapest, Hungary
- Hac NYC
- April 4-6, 2014, New York City, US
- Functional Programming eXchange 2014
- March 14, 2014, London, UK
- Well-Typed's introductory and advanced Haskell courses
- February 10-11 (Introductory) and February 12-13 (Advanced), 2014, London, UK
- The Haskell-prime committee has started work on defining the next minor revision of the language specification.
- The November 2006 Haskell Communities and Activities report is now out, documenting projects in the Haskell community.
Recent Package Updates
- 31 of january 2007: The first anounced romanian book of Haskell, "Introducere in Haskell 98 prin exemple" (eng: An introduction in Haskell 98 by examples) by Dan Popa from the University of Bacau was published by EduSoft, Bacau, Romania, with a foreword by Simon Peyton-Jones. Details on the ro page. The book is dedicated to the Haskell community. Thank you !
- 28 of december 2006 (according to author's email). Lect.Dr. Mihai Gontineac from The Dept.of Math. of the Al.I.Cuza University has also anounced his book, "Programare Functionala - O introducere utilizand limbajul Haskell" (eng: Functional programming - An introduction using the Haskell language") published by "Editura Alexandru Myller". The book is dedicated to the memory of the father of the author. Thank you !
This indicates the existence of a respectable community of Haskell users from Iasi, Romania, too.