The Haskell implementors' workshop is a forum for those involved in implementing Haskell systems, infrastructure, libraries and tools, generally for people involved in implementing Haskell technology, to share their work and discuss future directions and collaborations with others.
In 2014, the Haskell Implementors Workshop will be co-located with ICFP 2014 in Gothenburg.
The workshop does not have proceedings. Talks and/or demos are proposed by submitting an abstract, and selected by a small program committee. The workshop will be informal and interactive, with a flexible timetable and plenty of room for ad-hoc discussion, demos, and impromptu short talks.
Proposals for talks and demos should be submitted via Easychair under https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hiw2014 before the deadline (use "abstract-only" submission).
We are aiming for 20 minute talks with 10 minutes for questions and changeovers. We want to hear from people writing compilers, tools, or libraries, people with cool ideas for directions in which we should take the platform, proposals for new features to be implemented, and half-baked crazy ideas. For more details see the Call for Contributions in full.
The workshop will also give opportunity for lightning talks organised on the workshop day. These talks will be 5-10 minutes, depending on available time, and do not require prior proposal submission.
- Monday, 14 July, 2014: Talk Proposal Deadline (anywhere on earth)
Monday, 21 July, 2014: Notification
- (a couple of days after 21 July): Notification (sorry, we are delayed)
- Saturday, 6 September: Workshop
will be available in August
- Jost Berthold - co-chair (University of Copenhagen)
- Kevin Hammond (University of St.Andrews)
- Gabriele Keller (University of New South Wales)
- Paul Liu (Intel Labs)
- Rita Loogen (Philipps-Universitat Marburg)
- Geoffrey Mainland - co-chair (Drexel University, Philadelphia)
- Carter Schonwald (WellPosed Ltd)