Please adhear to the style guide:
General Editing Help
Take a look at wikipedia's help, which has all the details of how to format.
Differences from old wiki
If you are converting / copying a page from the old wiki, there are few differences in the formatting.
- Numbered lists: Old wiki used 1. for numbered lists, new wiki uses the hash mark #.
- List levels: Old wiki used spaces (AFAICT) to indent lists. New one uses multiple hashes or asterisks. e.g. #** would prefix a third level bullet item under a top level numbered, second level bulleted list.
- Code: Old wiki used three braces to surround code. For this new wiki, delete the braces and then:
- In a list environment, use html (<code></code>) pairs. This also usually requires <br /> tags for line breaking.
- If you are at the main level, you can simply put a space in front of each line.
- And even better - Use <hask></hask> pairs for inline Haskell code and <haskell></haskell> for Haskell code blocks.
- General formatting: The old wiki seemed to be somewhat looser in its treatment of spaces and new lines. In the new wiki, a space at the start of a line means to do as is or code type formatting. Extra blank lines between list items will restart lists.
I'm sure there are others, feel free to add as you go :)
Syntax highlighting and vim
Wiki syntax highlighting with support for highlighted, embedded Haskell fragments, specifically for the Haskell wiki, is available for Vim. Save this .vim file to your ~/.vim/syntax directory, and enable syntax highlighting dynamically with ":setf haskellwiki".
You can configure your browser to invoke vim with the haskellwiki syntax highlighting enabled by default, by calling vim with: -c "setf haskellwiki". More details in this blog entry.
If you find some spam - the easiest way to undo it is use the "diff" on the recent changes page (selecting the first spam change). Then, click on the "Revison as of yyyy-mm ..." link on the left side. This will show the page as it was before the spam edit.
Then, edit the page and save it as is (Please indicate you are reverting spam in the Summary). WikiPedia will warn you when you edit that this is an old version. But that is what you want - so go ahead and save it.