IRC channel/Phase 2
Latest revision as of 13:41, 17 December 2012
 Managing traffic in #haskell
It is now not uncommon to hear or see newbie questions go unanswered.
We want to reduce non-newbie question related traffic, so that we again achieve maximum newbie friendliness.
- Create a 'deep' channel for in-depth hard topics
- this channel shall be a subset of #haskell users (old hands mostly, and theory heads)
- those people should also stay in #haskell to answer questions
- Deep/hard topics should move into this channel to make way for newbie traffic in #haskell
- lambdabot and other noisy services will be monitored and have non-newbie related content reduced.
- Other domain specific traffic will be moved early into other channels
- Cabal -> into #ghc
- xmonad -> into #xmonad
- happs -> into #happs
We monitor success by how much we reduce traffic, without reducing newbies
We must also be careful to ensure there's a clear path for new users into the -advanced channel.