(windows installation from scratch)
Revision as of 10:54, 18 August 2008Leksah
Leksah: an IDE for Haskell written in Haskell
This is the Leksah users' wiki. Leksah is in an early phase of development. Please contact me if you are interested in the project (jnf at arcor.de)
3 Installation on Windows from scratch
This is a short description how I install Leksah on Windows from scratch. (I'm running Vista in VirtualBox on a 64 Bit machine, but this should not matter.)
In the future when Leksah reaches production quality I hope we can provide a Windows installer.
Currently their is a gtk2hs bug, so that prepackaged gtk2hs 0.9.13 can't be used. So the installation description is for ghc 6.8.1 and gtk2hs 0.9.12.1.
1. Install Cygwin with the online installer from http://www.cygwin.com/ Select packages wget, curl and gcc-core in adition to the standard selection
1a. For some reasons I had to C:\cygwin\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4 to my path, because otherwise cc1 was not found when compiling.
2. Download darcsdir-cygwin-2.0.0.tar.bz2 from http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/CategoryBinaries unpack it in under Programs and add the Path to your environment variables.
3. Install ghc6.8.1 from http://www.haskell.org/ghc
4. Download the sources from the same place. Open a cygwin shell, make a directory Haskell, copy the source tarballs here and unpack them.
5. Install gtk2hs 0.9.12.1 from http://www.haskell.org/gtk2hs/ (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49207&package_id=42440).
6. Download the binary and utf-8 packages from Hackage http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html and copy them to the Haskell folder. Open a cygwin shell in Administrator mode and unpack the tar files. Go to the directories and do runhaskell Setup configure, runhaskell Setup build, runhaskell Setup install.
7. In the Haskell directory do a darcs get http://code.haskell.org/leksah. Go to the leksah directory and do a runhaskell Setup configure -fgtkless0913, runhaskell Setup build, runhaskell Setup install. Be aware of the special configure flag.
7a) For some reasons gtk gives some error messages when running leksah. They disappear if you edit C:/Programme/Gtk2Hs/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and change the theme name from MS-Windows to Raleigh: gtk-theme-name = "Raleigh"
8. You may wish to install a full unicode monospace font if you want to use the source candy feature of leksah. e.g. Everson Mono from http://www.evertype.com/emono/.
8. Start leksah and give your Haskell directory as source root. Select the right font from Help/Prefs.
9. Have fun with leksah, but remember it is an alpha version!
Leksah Darcs repository: http://code.haskell.org/leksah