Leksah: an IDE for Haskell written in Haskell
This is the Leksah users' wiki. Leksah is in active development. We plan to release a first beta soon. For general information:
- Visit the Leksah webside
- Consult the Leksah manual
- Subscribe to the Leksah mailinglist
- Contact us for further info (info at leksah.org)
- First look to the general information in the Manual
- When you get the following error:
Not in scope: `sourceLanguageManagerGuessLanguage'
you have to install gtksourceview2 in a version > 2.4.0
- When you get the following error:
Linking dist/build/leksah/leksah ...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ledit
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
you have to install libedit development files.
- The package type-level considered toxic!
This package defines > 20000 newtypes for numbers and wastes a lot of space for metadata. So consider to unregister it, if you don't really need it.
Moved to the Leksah webside
Installation on Windows from scratch
In the future when Leksah reaches production quality I hope we can provide a Windows installer.
This is what you can do to get leksah 0.4.3 running on Vista
0. cabal-install was not working for me. Probably because currently there is no gtk2hs >= 0.10.0 on Hackage right now.
1. Install your GHC from http://www.haskell.org/ghc. Duh. Mine was GHC 6.10.1.
3. Install Cygwin with the online installer from http://www.cygwin.com/ Select packages wget, curl and gcc-core in adition to the standard selection. I used the 1.7.0 version of Cygwin setup, but it is still beta.
4*. Download darcs from http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Binaries, unpack it in under Program Files and add the path to your environment variables. The file I downloaded was darcsdir-cygwin-2.2.0.tar.bz2.
5. Download the GHC sources from http://www.haskell.org/ghc. Open a Cygwin shell, make a directory Haskell, copy the source tarballs here and unpack them.
6*. Download the binary and utf-8 packages from Hackage and copy them to the Haskell folder. Open a Cygwin shell in Administrator mode and unpack the tar files. Go to the directories and do runhaskell Setup configure, runhaskell Setup build, runhaskell Setup install.
7*. In the Haskell directory do a darcs get http://code.haskell.org/leksah. Go to the leksah directory and do a runhaskell Setup configure, runhaskell Setup build, runhaskell Setup install.
7a) Although I probably didn't get this, previously some gtk error message was resolved by editting C:/Program Files/Gtk2Hs/0.10.0/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and change the theme name from MS-Windows to Raleigh: gtk-theme-name = "Raleigh"
9. Start leksah and give your Haskell directory as source root. Select the right font from Help/Prefs.
10. Have fun with leksah, but remember it is a beta version!
NB* I actually experienced a bit of a problem here, darcs was taking too much time. While in Cygwin, I cabal-installed it! Voila! So the starred portions are actually unnecessary, I think.
Installation for Ubuntu
Hello, I've installed Leksah 0.4.4.1 today in Ubuntu 8.10. This procedure is based on the one given in the manual, but uses GHC 6.10.2. Hope it will be useful. (Maciej Noszczyński)
# setup cd ~ mkdir ghc-build cd ghc-build # compile ghc 6.10.2 sudo aptitude build-dep ghc6 wget http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.10.2/ghc-6.10.2-src.tar.bz2 wget http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.10.2/ghc-6.10.2-src-extralibs.tar.bz2 tar jxf ghc-6.10.2-src.tar.bz2 tar jxf ghc-6.10.2-src-extralibs.tar.bz2 cd ghc-6.10.2/ ./configure --prefix ~/ghc make make install cd .. # cleanup and setup paths sudo aptitude remove ghc6 export PATH=$PATH:/home/username/ghc/bin:/home/username/.cabal/bin (you should put this export into some startup file e.g. .bash_profile and source it when needed) # gtk2hs from darcs (> 0.10.0) is needed for 6.10.2 sudo aptitude install darcs darcs get --partial http://code.haskell.org/gtk2hs/ aptitude install happy alex libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgtksourceview2.0-dev libgmp3-dev autoconf cd gtk2hs autoreconf ./configure make sudo make install cd .. # cabal install wget http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/cabal-install/0.6.2/cabal-install-0.6.2.tar.gz tar zxf cabal-install-0.6.2.tar.gz cd cabal-install-0.6.2 ./bootstrap.sh cd .. # build and install Leksah wget http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/leksah/0.4.4.1/leksah-0.4.4.1.tar.gz tar zxf leksah-0.4.4.1.tar.gz cd leksah-0.4.4.1 mv leksah.cabal leksah.cabal.old sed -e 's/Cabal ==126.96.36.199/Cabal >=188.8.131.52/g' leksah.cabal.old > leksah.cabal cabal update cabal install binary cabal install utf8-string runhaskell Setup configure --user runhaskell Setup build runhaskell Setup install cd .. # run the IDE leksah
Leksah Darcs repository: http://code.haskell.org/leksah