Libraries and tools/Pretty printing
< Libraries and tools
Revision as of 13:49, 22 March 2006 by BjornBringert (Moved pretty-printing stuff from the old libraries page.)
- The copyright status of this work is not known. Please help resolve this on the talk page.
- Pretty printer library
- Simon Peyton Jones made an "industrial strength" pretty printing library in Haskell, based on John Hughes's paper "The Design of a Pretty-printing Library" (in Advanced Functional Programming, Johan Jeuring and Erik Meijer (eds), LNCS 925). Original version by John Hughes.
- Pretty-printing combinators
- The combinators in the library are optimal in the sense that they produce the layout with the smallest height possible. They also allow the programmer to specify several different layouts. NOTE: oops web doesn't exist
- PPrint is an implementation of the pretty printing combinators described by Philip Wadler. The PPrint library adds new primitives to describe commonly occuring layouts and works well in practice.