Revision as of 20:14, 8 January 2009
[sisters of mercy music video|http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090104-sisters-of-mercy.html] [sisters of mercy music video] of mercy music video ((http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090104-sisters-of-mercy.html sisters of mercy music video)) [| sisters of mercy music video] "sisters of mercy music video":http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090104-sisters-of-mercy.html [night vision iraq video|http://acsitzar.0lx.net/news-night-vision-2008-11-08.html] [night vision iraq video] vision iraq video ((http://acsitzar.0lx.net/news-night-vision-2008-11-08.html night vision iraq video)) [| night vision iraq video] "night vision iraq video":http://acsitzar.0lx.net/news-night-vision-2008-11-08.html [actress movie philippine porn|http://mahohmie.qsh.eu/resource1488.htm] [actress movie philippine porn] movie philippine porn ((http://mahohmie.qsh.eu/resource1488.htm actress movie philippine porn)) [| actress movie philippine porn] "actress movie philippine porn":http://mahohmie.qsh.eu/resource1488.htm [la fidelite movie|http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090103-la-fidelite-movie.html] [la fidelite movie] fidelite movie ((http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090103-la-fidelite-movie.html la fidelite movie)) [| la fidelite movie] "la fidelite movie":http://spfortne.qsh.eu/20090103-la-fidelite-movie.html [sesame street home video learning about numbers|http://tulilre.strefa.pl/2009-01-01-sesame-street.html] [sesame street home video learning about numbers] street home video learning about numbers ((http://tulilre.strefa.pl/2009-01-01-sesame-street.html sesame street home video learning about numbers)) [| sesame street home video learning about numbers] "sesame street home video learning about numbers":http://tulilre.strefa.pl/2009-01-01-sesame-street.html c4tbocle There is AngloHaskell and now AmeroHaskell. Doesn't that call for OzHaskell?
Who would be interested to have a Haskell event in Australia, possibly in Sydney? This is just a wild idea without any concrete date or format yet. Jot down any suggestions on this page.
- Manuel Chakravarty (Sydney)
- Tony Morris (Brisbane)
- Matthew Brecknell (Brisbane, will travel, prefer late Jan)
- Mark Wassell - Prefer Jan/Feb option.
- Roman Leshchinskiy
- Brad Clow (Brisbane)
- Jeremy Apthorp
- Andrew Appleyard (Sydney)
- Bernie Pope (Melbourne)
- Ben Lippmeier
- Rohan Drape (Melbourne)
- Ivan Miljenovic (Brisbane)
- Eric Willigers
- Tony Sloane (Sydney)
- Ben Sinclair (Sydney)
- Andre Pang
- Andrew Bromage (Melbourne)
- Dale Roberts (Sydney)
- Geoff Wilson (Melbourne)
- Oliver Batchelor (Brisbane)
- Nick Seow (Sydney)
- Sean Seefried (Sydney)
- Alexis Hazell (Melbourne)
- Philip Derrin (Sydney)
- Jeeva (Sydney)
- Michael Neale (Brisbane)
- Ruslan Abdulkhalikov (Sydney)
- David Overton (London, soon to be Melbourne)
- Michael Leeming (Sydney)
- Ben Horsfall (Melbourne)
- Toby Hutton (Melbourne)
(Add your name!)
1 Possible dates
How about one of the following between Easter and ANZAC day:
- Friday 4/ Saturday 5 April
- Friday 11/ Saturday 12 April
- Friday 18/ Saturday 19 April
How about the following?
- One day meeting with informal talks and demos (preferably on a Friday)
- There could be a second, even less formal day, for those who want to hang out some more and maybe some hacking
- Run it at the University of New South Wales, Sydney
(Add your thoughts to the above.)
3 Talks and demos
Do you have anything you'd like to talk about or a system you'd like to demo? This is just a tentative list - you commit to nothing.
3.1 Talk proposals
- Manuel Chakravarty: Type-level Programming with Type Families
- GHC recently gained support for data families and type synonym families (which are a generalisation of our earlier proposal for associated types). In this talk, I'd give an overview over this new language feature, illustrate what it is good for, and discuss why I believe it fits Haskell better than functional dependencies.
- Bernie Pope: The GHCi debugger
- A new breakpoint debugger has been added to GHCi. In this talk, I'd demonstrate how to use the debugger, and also go into some detail about how it works. I might even discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of this debugger over tools such as Hat.
3.2 Demo proposals
- rohan drape: supercollider for haskellers