Revision as of 16:49, 16 March 2011 by EricKow
Parallelism and Concurrency in Haskell
1 Getting started
Haskell supports both pure parallelism and explicit concurrency. How would you like to begin?
- Speed up your code by making it run on multicore:
- Start with Control.Parallel (pseq, par) and refine with Strategies
- Manage simultaneous IO actions (eg. multiple connections on a web server)
- Start with Concurrent Haskell (forkIO, MVar)
- Work with clusters or do distributed programming
- Learn about concurrency first and then use the Haskell MPI bindings.
- Meanwhile look out for ongoing research into distributed Haskell.