Practice of Functional Programming
Revision as of 16:56, 3 October 2009
Practice of Functional Programing — a Russian electronic magazine devoted to promoting functional programming, with both theoretical and explanatory articles as well as practical ones (FP success stories). Much of the material is often related to Haskell. Visit the Official web-site of this magazine (in Russian).
The magazine has ISSN 2075-8456.
We want to distribute this magazine free of charge. But it's hard to create it for free. So you can make a donation with WebMoney (R218751601599), Yandex.Money (41001450150424) or PayPal. The editorial and authors staff will be grateful for any pecuniary aid.
1 First issue
The first issue was released on July 20, 2009. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles (the links point to HTML versions of the articles):
- Lazy to Fear by S. A. Zefirov
- Functions and Functional Approach by R. V. Dushkin
- The Perils of Mutable State and Methods for Fighting Them by E. R. Kirpichov
- I haven't took the checkers for a long time by D. E. Astapov
- Haskell Monoids and their Uses by D. Piponi (translated into Russian by K. V. Zaborski)
- An Overview of Bibliography on Functional Programming by A. Y. Ott
The editor of the first issue is L. Walkin.
2 Second issue
The second issue was released on September 28, 2009. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles:
- The History of One Compiler Development by D. Zuikov
- The Use of Haskell within the Supporting of the Business-critical Informational System by D. E. Astapov
- The Prototyping with the Aid of Functional Languages by S. A. Zefirov and V. Balin
- The Use of Scheme in the Development of Dozor-Jet Product Set by A. Y. Ott
- How to Steal a Billion by A. Samoilovich
- Algebraic Data Types and their Uses in Programming by R. V. Dushkin
The editor of the second issue is L. Walkin.
3 Third issue
The third issue is planned to be released on November 20, 2009.
The editor of the third issue is D. E. Astapov.