Practice of Functional Programming
Practice of Functional Programing — a Russian electronic magazine devoted to promoting functional programming, with both theoretical and explanatory articles as well as practical ones (FP success stories). Much of the material is often related to Haskell. Visit the Official web-site of this magazine (in Russian).
The magazine has ISSN 2075-8456.
We want to distribute this magazine free of charge. But it's hard to create it for free. So you can make a donation with WebMoney (R218751601599), Yandex.Money (41001450150424) or PayPal. The editorial and authors staff will be grateful for any pecuniary aid.
The first issue was released on July 20, 2009. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles (the links point to HTML versions of the articles):
- Lazy to Fear by Serguey A. Zefirov
- Functions and Functional Approach by Roman V. Dushkin
- The Perils of Mutable State and Methods for Fighting Them by Eugene R. Kirpichov
- I haven't took the checkers for a long time by Dmitry E. Astapov
- Haskell Monoids and their Uses by Dan Piponi (translated into Russian by Kirill V. Zaborski)
- An Overview of Bibliography on Functional Programming by Alexey Y. Ott
The editor of the first issue is Lev Walkin.
The second issue was released on September 28, 2009. It was devoted mainly to FP success stories. The magazine can be downloaded as a PDF document. It consists of the following articles:
- The History of One Compiler Development by Dmitry Zuikov
- Use of Haskell for Maintenance of a Mission-critical Informational System by Dmitry E. Astapov
- Prototyping with the Aid of Functional Languages by Serguey A. Zefirov and V. Balin
- Use of Scheme in Development of the Dozor-Jet Product Set by Alexey Y. Ott
- How to Steal a Billion by Alexander Samoilovich
- Algebraic Data Types and their Uses in Programming by Roman V. Dushkin
The editor of the second issue is Lev Walkin.
The third issue is planned to be released on November 20, 2009.
The editor of the third issue is Dmitry E. Astapov.