Research papers/Program development
1 Program Development
1.1 Program derivation
- An algebra of scans
- Ralf Hinze. In Dexter Kozen, editor, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Mathematics of Program Construction (MPC 2004), Stirling, Scotland, UK, July 12-14, 2004.
- Constructing tournament representations: An exercise in pointwise relational programming
- Ralf Hinze. In Eerke Boiten, Bernhard Mller, editors, Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Mathematics of Program Construction (MPC 2002), Dagstuhl, Germany, July 8-10, 2002. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2386, pp. 131-147.
- Visual Haskell: A full-featured Haskell development environment
- Krasimir Angelov, Simon Marlow. Haskell '05: Proceedings of the 2005 ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Haskell, pages 5--16, Tallinn, Estonia, ACM Press, September 2005
- Dynamic Applications From the Ground Up
- Don Stewart and Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Haskell, pages 27-38. ACM Press, 2005.
- Haddock, A Haskell Documentation Tool
- Simon Marlow. Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN workshop on Haskell, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, USA, ACM Press, October 2002
- Lazy Lexing is Fast
- Manuel M. T. Chakravarty. In A. Middeldorp and T. Sato, editors, Fourth Fuji International Symposium on Functional and Logic Programming, Springer-Verlag, LNCS 1722, pages 68-84, 1999.
- Parsec: Direct Style Monadic Parser Combinators for the Real World
- Daan Leijen and Erik Meijer. Technical Report UU-CS-2001-35, Departement of Computer Science, Universiteit Utrecht, 2001.
- Monadic Parser Combinators
- Graham Huttonandi and Erik Meijer, Technical report NOTTCS-TR-96-4, Department of Computer Science, University of Nottingham, 1996. A condensed version of this report will appear as a functional pearl in JFP.
1.6 Pretty printing
- The Design of a Pretty-printing Library
- John Hughes. Advanced Functional Programming 1995. 53-96
- A prettier printer
- Philip Wadler. The Fun of Programming. A symposium in honour of Professor Richard Bird's 60th birthday Examination Schools, Oxford, 24-25 March 2003.
1.7 Functional reactive programming
- The Yampa Arcade
- Antony Courtney and Henrik Nilsson and John Peterson. In Proceedings of the 2003 ACM SIGPLAN Haskell Workshop (Haskell'03), pages 7 - 18, Uppsala, Sweden, August 2003. ACM Press.
- Functional Automatic Differentiation with Dirac Impulses
- Henrik Nilsson. In Proceedings of the Eight ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming, pages 159 - 187, Uppsala, Sweden, August 2003. ACM Press.
- Arrows, robots, and functional reactive programming
- Paul Hudak, Antony Courtney, Henrik Nilsson, and John Peterson. In Summer Shcool on Advanced Functional Programming 2002, Oxford University, volume 2638 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 159 - 187, 2003. Springer-Verlag.
- System presentation - Functional reactive robotics: an excercise in principled integration of domain-specific languages
- Izzet Pembeci, Henrik Nilsson, and Gregory Hager. In Principles and Practice of Declarative Programming (PPDP'02), pages 168 - 179, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, October 2002.
- Functional Reactive Animation
- Conal Elliott and Paul Hudak. In the proceedings of the 1997 ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP '97).
- From Functional Animation to Sprite-Based Display
- Conal Elliott, In the Proceedings of PADL '99.
- A "Fifteen Puzzle" in Fran
- Conal Elliott. October, 1998.
- Two-handed Image Navigation in Fran
- Conal Elliott. 1998 Glasgow Functional Programming Workshop.
- Functional Implementations of Continuous Modeled Animation
- Conal Elliott. In the Proceedings of PLILP/ALP '98.
- Lambda in Motion: Controlling Robots With Haskell
- John Peterson, Paul Hudak, and Conal Elliott In the proceedings of PADL '99.
- Programming Graphics Processors Functionally
- Conal Elliott. Proceedings of the 2004 Haskell Workshop.
1.10 User Interfaces
- Composing graphical user interfaces in a purely functional language
- PhD Thesis, Department of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, June 1998.
- Composing the User Interface with Haggis
- Sigbjorn Finne and Simon Peyton Jones Proceedings of the Second International School on Advanced Functional Programming, Olympia, WA, USA, August 26-30, 1996. LNCS 1129.
- wxHaskell: A portable and concise GUI library for Haskell
- Daan Leijen. The ACM SIGPLAN Haskell workshop, Snowbird, Utah, September 22, 2004.