Revision as of 21:39, 17 February 2007
I'm into functional programming, especially as related to language design, computer graphics, interaction, and (more recently) right-brain-friendly, end-user "programming". See my home page.
Some current projects:
- Phooey: a simple, arrow-based functional GUI library
- DeepArrow: a framework for composable "editors" of pure values
- TV: combined and separable packaging of functionality and interface
- GuiTV: GUIs for TV
- Cabal-make: a Cabal assistant
- Eros: functional programming by interacting with tangible values
- Pajama: interactive functional images for the web
I'm also interested in thinking, speaking, and listening in ways that promote deep understanding and joyful mutual giving. My partner Holly and I teach Nonviolent Communication (also called "NVC", "Compassionate Communication", or "a language of the heart"), and we coach individuals and couples in its practice. Our partnership is called Awakening Compassion.
I've lived in the Seattle area since 1994 and am planning to move in April 2007 back to Northern California, in the Mother Lode area of the Sierra Nevada Foothills.