(Difference between revisions)
(Added links to random stuff I wrote.)
(New projects, better formatting, etc.)
Revision as of 10:37, 24 April 2007
Status: Enthusiastic Haskell newbie.
1 Main Interests
- Using Haskell to write triposcopic mathematical algorithms with only a tiny amount of code.
- Using Haskell to do seriously compute-bounded work in a multiprocessor setup.
2 Current Projects
- (no name) — chaos pendulum simulator (Status: moderately working, needs UI)
- Haktal — fractal generator. (Status: minimal functionality)
- HoJ — Haskell to Java compiler. (Status: skeletal)
- Evlor — Interactive Haskell step-line debugger. (Status: skeletal)
- Indoculate — Program to convert a single (custom) source to both HTML and LaTeX, and also do cross-linking. (Status: in production use)
3 Projects On Hold
- Sorting algorithm benchmarks.
- Audio DSP in Haskell.
- Haskell implementation of compression algorithms.
- Haskell SDL for POV-Ray.
4 Failed Projects
- Haskell ray tracer.
- Haskell program to cause world peace.
5 Contributed Code
6 Current Unsolved Questions
- Why do Haskell language extensions exist?
- How do you do graphics in Haskell?
- How come (e.g.) Smalltalk provides 27 different types of collection, but Haskell only ever involves single-linked lists and binary trees?
- Why is slower thanputStr xs1; putStr xs2?putStr (xs1 ++ xs2)