A range of Haskell User Groups are springing up all over. Also see a Map of Haskellers.
Regular meetings in a particular geographical area. Great if you want to see and meet other Haskellers.
- The Bay Area Functional Programmers group
- Meeting monthly in the San Francisco Bay area. See their blog for more details and news of upcoming meetings.
- PDXfunc: Portland FP Group
- Monthly meetings of the Portland, Oregon functional programming group. Meetings occur on the second Monday of each month at 7 pm. They are held at CubeSpace on 6th & Grant (directions), which generously provides the space free of charge.
- Seattle: Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group
- a Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group in Seattle.
- Vancouver, Canada: Haskell Programmers Group
- Regular informal meetings for local Haskell programmers/devotees.
- New York Functional Programmers Network
- Come and meet like-minded functional programmers in the New York area. The next meeting is at 6:30pm on February 26th, at Credit Suisse's offices. Paul Hudak from Yale will be giving a talk on real-time sound synthesis using Haskell. Please RSVP at the NYFPN Meetup Page.
- FringeDC Washington
- Meetings about functional programming languages in Washington DC.
- FP-SYD, the Sydney (Australia) Functional Programming group
- FP hackers in Sydney.
- Melbourne Functional Programming Union
- A group of people who are interested in all things functional programming. We hold regular informal talks, and have friendly discussions afterwards. We are situated at the University of Melbourne (Australia)
- London Haskell User Group
- The first meeting of the London Haskell User Group took place on 23rd May 2007, at City University in central London
- Haskell in Leipzig
- Hal, they have videos online.
- Southampton University FPSIG
- The Functional Programming Special Interest Group of the University of Southampton is a meeting for people interested in FP and Haskell and meet weekly on Tuesdays at 11.30, on the Access Grid Room of Blg. 32
- Haskell User Group Zurich
- A user group for the haskell users residing in Zurich and surroundings. It's new and still being formed.
- Saint-Petersburg Haskell User Group
- The next meeting will be held in April, 2008.
- We had a first meeting in August 2008 and we are planning a second one sometime during the 2008/2009 Autumn/Winter season.
- Haskell Users' Group for Brasil
Less regular, and move around. Usually have a few talks from invited speakers.
- AngloHaskell is a Haskell meeting held in England once a year.
- Australian Haskell Programmer's Group
- USAsian Haskell Programmer's Group
- Sing(apore)Haskell is a Haskell (and related languages) meeting in Singapore
- Sydney Area Programming Languages Interest Group
- 10am-4pm, June 12, 2007. Room T5, Building E7B, Macquarie University
- Utrecht Functioneel Programmeren dag 2008
- 11 januari 2008
Getting together to squash bugs and write new stuff.
- Hac 07 was held January 10-12, 2007, Oxford University Computing Laboratory
- HaL3 Hackathon
- HaL3 will be held Apr 19-20, 2008, Leipzig
See the Conferences page for academic workshops and conferences focusing on Haskell and related technology