A range of Haskell User Groups are springing up all over.
- 1 Online communities
- 2 User groups
- 2.1 North America
- 2.2 Australia
- 2.3 Europe
- 2.4 Israel
- 2.5 Russia
- 2.6 Turkey
- 2.7 South America
- 2.8 Asia
- 2.9 Africa
- 3 Workshops/meet ups
- 4 Hackathons
- 5 Conferences
Regular meetings in a particular geographical area. Great if you want to see and meet other Haskellers.
- San Diego Haskell User Group
- a Haskell User Group for the San Diego and Tijuana region
- The Bay Area Functional Programmers group
- Meeting monthly in the San Francisco Bay area. See their blog for more details and news of upcoming meetings.
- PDXfunc: Portland FP Group
- Monthly meetings of the Portland, Oregon functional programming group. Meetings occur on the second Monday of each month at 7 pm, typically in Downtown/NW Portland.
- Seattle: Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group
- a Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group in Seattle.
- Vancouver Haskell UnMeetup
- Monthly interactive sessions, (+10) for joining
- Boston Haskell Users' Group.
- Meets monthly.
- New York Haskell Users Group
- The NY Haskell Users Group is for all programmers either interested in or experienced with the Haskell programming language. Meets monthly.
- New York Functional Programmers
- Come and meet like-minded functional programmers in the New York area.
- Haskell DC
- Washington DC area Meetup for Haskell.
- FringeDC Washington
- Meetings about functional programming languages in Washington DC.
- Atlanta Functional Programming Users Group
- Meet other functional programmers in the Atlanta area. Join us and geek out!
- Toronto Haskell User Group
- Haskellers of Toronto, unite! We meet at hacklab.to on the second Wednesday of every month! There is also a small organizational mailing list you can join to keep up to date.
- Montreal Haskell Users' Group.
- Meets monthly.
- Boulder Haskell Programmers
- Boulder and Denver (Colorado) area Haskell Programmer Group. Meetings are focused on practical topics faced by working programmers. All experience levels are welcome.
- Denver Area Haskell Users Group -- DenHUG had it's first meeting on 27 Feb 2010. Next meeting will be 3 Apr 2010.
- St. Louis Lambda Lounge -- Meets the 1st Thursday of the month. Since Dec 2008, Lambda Lounge is a user group in St. Louis organized loosely around the idea of exploring dynamic and functional languages.
- FP-SYD, the Sydney (Australia) Functional Programming group
- FP hackers in Sydney.
- (FPU) Melbourne Functional Programming Union
- The FPU is a collective of functional programming language enthusiasts, which has been in operation since 1998. We are based at the University of Melbourne, in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, but we are open to all members of the community. We meet on a regular basis for lively discussions on topics broadly associated with the declarative programming paradigm.
- Brisbane Functional Programming Group (BFPG) (Meetup page)
- A group for Functional Programming with Haskell, Scala and other languages.
- Perth Functional Programmers Meetup
- A group in Perth, WA for Functional Programming with Haskell, Scala and other languages.
- Manchester Lambda Lounge
- We are an active community meeting monthly at the Madlab (Manchester Digital Laboratory) to talk about topics in functional programming.
- Hoodlums - Haskell developer meetup
- Meets monthly on the second Thursday of the month in Canary Wharf. It is a "Coding Dojo" format where we pick some interesting problem and solve it as a group.
- London Haskell User Group
- The main meetings are monthly on the last or fourth Thursday of the month. The group was revived in late 2012.
- ed lambda (Edinburgh, UK)
- For functional programming in general, founded by a Haskeller. First meeting will be September 13th 2010.
- OxHUG - the Oxford Haskell Users Group
- Meets every other week, currently at the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford. Discussion session followed by adjournment to a local tavern. Aimed at students, graduates, professionals and enthusiasts.
- fp-southwales, the South Wales Functional Programming User Group
- Starting up in late 2009, based out of Swansea University.
- The Strasbourg HUG meets monthly in an informal setting. Level is very low and newbies are very welcome.
- Dutch HUG
- The Dutch HUG meets monthly in an informal setting.
- Ghent Functional Programming Group
- The Ghent Functional Programming Group will be having its first meeting on April 1, 2010.
- Berlin HUG
- Haskell in Frankfurt
- Haskell in Munich
- We had our first meeting on Thursday, 29th of September 2011. We are always looking forward to see new people. If you can make it to Munich, consider joing us!
If anyone is interested in a user group in Ulm, Germany please let me know (HugUlm).
If someone is interested in a user group in Mannheim or Heidelberg, Germany, please let me know (user cgo [] in this Wiki). Or if there is one which is not listed here, please let me know too!
- Haskell User Group Zurich
- We are meeting once a month to share knowledge of and experience with Haskell.
- We had a first meeting in August 2008 and we are planning a second one sometime during the 2008/2009 Autumn/Winter season.
We are the successors to the Warsaw Functional Society (Warszawskie Towarzystwo Funkcyjne) and as such we welcome any functional programmers and enthusiasts, though the focus of the group is Haskell. We (hope to) have rather informal, but regular meetings in Warsaw, Poland.
- LtU-Kiev community
- Irregular meetups, usually with prepared talks on Haskell and other FP topics.
- Odessa Haskell User Group
- Regular informal meetups (approximately once a month) in a pub or cafe
- Budapest Haskell User Group
- The Haskell User Group is a group of Haskell enthusiasts who are interested in sharing their knowledge and meeting people who share similar interests. We had our first meeting in September 2013.
- Turkey Haskell Programmer's Group
- Formed by Turkish Functional Programmers, the group began to communicate via an e-mail list opened by core.gen.tr. The first contribution is hlibev project by Aycan iRiCAN.
- BILFP (Bilkent University Comp. Eng. Dept. Functional Programming Society) Turkey
- Project aims to improve people's knowledge and encourage the use of functional programming languages — especially in Turkey. Group is open to functional-programming-related discussions and establishes related presentations at Bilkent University that are open to anybody.
- Grupo Brasileiro de Usuários de Haskell
- Grupo criado para reunir os desenvolvedores e entusiastas que utilizam Haskell no Brasil
- Comunidad Haskell San Simon
- Haskell user group for Bolivia and spanish speaking community
- China Lisp User Group
- China Lisp User Group (CLUG) is the earliest founded Lisp user group in China.
- Lambda Luminaries
- Functional programming user group based in Centurion, Gauteng.
Less regular, and move around. Usually have a few talks from invited speakers. See the Haskell homepage for a list of upcoming events.
Getting together to squash bugs and write new stuff. For a list of past and upcoming hackathons, see the Hackathon page.