(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 18:46, 12 September 2008
Collected videos of Haskell tutorials and conference presentations, sorted by topic.
1 Introductions to Haskell
A Taste of Haskell
Haskell is the world's leading purely functional programming language that offers a radical and elegant attack on the whole business of writing programs. In the last two or three years there has been an explosion of interest in Haskell, and it is now being used for a bewildering variety of applications. In this tutorial, I will try to show you why programming in Haskell is such fun, and how it makes you think about programming in a new way.
- Simon Peyton-Jones, Eric Meijer, MSR, July 2007.
- Taming Effects - The Next Big Challenge
- Simon Peyton-Jones at Ericsson, February 2008.
- Haskell in the Hallway
- An interview with SPJ at OSCON, Sep 2007.
- Lecture Functional Programming
- A computer science lecture at RWTH University Aachen (Germany) dealing with functional programming and haskell (including theoretical background)
- Simon Peyton Jones on Functional Programming and Haskell (Audio)
- Simon explains laziness, purity, parallelism, side effects, monads, software transactional memory
- High-Assurance Software
- John Launchbury at Ericsson, 21 February 2008.
2 ICFP 2007 and Workshops
- The Reduceron: Widening the von Neumann Bottleneck for Graph Reduction using an FPGA.
- The Reduceron: Widening the von Neumann Bottleneck for Graph Reduction using an FPGA. A research talk given at IFL'2007 in Freiburg. Work by Matthew Naylor and Colin Runciman of the University of York.
3 Advanced topics in functional programming
- Type-driven testing in Haskell
- Simon Peyton Jones talks about QuickCheck and SmallCheck
- The Catsters on YouTube
- Various interesting lectures on category theory, including monads, adjunctions, limits, and a variety of other topics.
- Generic Programming in Haskell.
- Johan Jeuring, July 2007.
- Parametric Polymorphism and the Girard-Reynolds Isomorphism
- Phil Gossett, April 2007.
- Don't fear the monads
- Brian Beckman introducing monads
4 Concurrency and parallelism
- Concurrent and multicore programming in Haskell
- Bryan O’Sullivan at Bay Area Functional Programmers, 8 May 2008
- Declarative Programming Techniques for Many-Core Architectures
- Satnam Singh at Ericsson, 21 February 2008
- Transactional Memory for Concurrent Programming
- Simon Peyton-Jones, OSCON, July 2007.
- Programming in the Age of Concurrency: Software Transactional Memory
- Simon Peyton-Jones and Tim Harris, September 2006.
5 The Web
- Games in Haskell
- 2007 meeting of the London Haskell User Group. Matthew Sackman and Tristan Allwood of Imperial College talk about building 3D games in Haskell.
- Data parallel physics engine
- 2008, Hpysics' visulization code now performs double buffering
- Yampa Space Invaders
- Space Invaders, using functional reactive programming.
- A 2D space game
7 The ICFP contest
- 2006 ICFP contest results
- ICFP, 2006
- 2007 ICFP contest results
- ICFP, 2007
8 Livecoding Haskell
- Music and Sound generation
- Henning Thielemann July 2007 in Leipzig about Music and Sound using SuperCollider, CSound, MIDI and pure Haskell (German)
- Hacking Haskell music
- More of Yaxu live coding music and Haskell, 2006.
- ASCII Rave in Haskell
- Yaxu, using words to control the articulation of a physical modelling synthesiser based on the elegant Karplus-Strong algorithm
9 GHC Hackathon presentations
- GHC commentary
- Simon Peyton Jones and Simon Marlow, 2006.
10 Commercial users
- An EDSL in Haskell developed by Credit Suisse for Derivatives Pricing
11 Haskell applications
- Emacs Flymake
- Daisuke IKEGAMI, a demo of editing Haskell program on Emacs with on-the-fly syntax and type checking using flymake-mode (see also EmacsWiki:FlymakeHaskell for details), 11 November 2007
- HAL2 meeting in July 2007 in Leipzig, presenting talks about Generic Programming (English), Eclipse for Haskell (German), Grapefruit GUI (German) and Music+Sound generation (German)
- GADTs for darcs
- David Roundy, FOSDEM, 2006
- Darcs and Generalised Algebraic Data Types
- Ganesh Sittampalamhs talk on Darcs and GADTs
- Functional Image Synthesis
- Conal Elliott, talk at University of Washington, November 2000
- Tangible Functional Programming
- Conal Eliott's Google Tech Talk
- Testing with QuickCheck
- John Hughes at Ericsson, 21 February 2008
- Composing Contracts - An Adventure in Financial Engineering
- Simon Peyton Jones at Ericsson, 21 February 2008.
- Don Stewart at the Haskell Workshop, 2007.
- Coconut: COde CONstructing User Tool
- Haskell DSL to produce high performance SIMD-Parallel code
- Augmented reality using Haskell computer vision
- Functional augmented reality, Alberto Ruiz
- Tangible Functional Programming: a modern marriage of usability and composability
- Conal Elliott. Google TechTalk, November 2007