Collected videos of Haskell tutorials and conference presentations, sorted by topic.
Introductions to FP and Haskell
Haskell is the world's leading purely functional programming language that offers a radical and elegant attack on the whole business of writing programs. In the last two or three years there has been an explosion of interest in Haskell, and it is now being used for a bewildering variety of applications. In this tutorial, I will try to show you why programming in Haskell is such fun, and how it makes you think about programming in a new way.
- Programming language nirvana
- Simon Peyton-Jones, Eric Meijer, MSR, July 2007.
- Faith, Evolution, and Programming Languages
- Phil Wadler, April 2007.
- Haskell in the Hallway
- An interview with SPJ at OSCON, Sep 2007.
- Lecture Functional Programming
- A computer science lecture at RWTH University Aachen (Germany) dealing with functional programming and haskell (including theoretical background)
- The Reduceron: Widening the von Neumann Bottleneck for Graph Reduction using an FPGA.
- The Reduceron: Widening the von Neumann Bottleneck for Graph Reduction using an FPGA. A research talk given at IFL'2007 in Freiburg. Work by Matthew Naylor and Colin Runciman of the University of York.
- Parametric Polymorphism and the Girard-Reynolds Isomorphism
- Phil Gossett, April 2007.
- Generic Programming in Haskell.
- Johan Jeuring, Sep 2007.
- Category theoretic monads
- The Catsters, Sep 2007.
- More from The Catsters, Sep 2007
- Don't fear the monads
- Brian Beckman introducing monads
Concurrency and parallelism
- Transactional Memory for Concurrent Programming
- Simon Peyton-Jones, OSCON, July 2007.
- Programming in the Age of Concurrency: Software Transactional Memory
- Simon Peyton-Jones and Tim Harris, September 2006.
- Games in Haskell
- 2007 meeting of the London Haskell User Group. Matthew Sackman and Tristan Allwood of Imperial College talk about building 3D games in Haskell.
The ICFP contest
- 2006 ICFP contest results
- ICFP, 2006
- 2007 ICFP contest results
- ICFP, 2007
- Music and Sound generation
- July 2007, Leipzig, Music and Sound using SuperCollider, CSound, MIDI and pure Haskell
- Hacking Haskell music
- More of Yaxu live coding music and Haskell, 2006.
- ASCII Rave in Haskell
- Yaxu, using words to control the articulation of a physical modelling synthesiser based on the elegant Karplus-Strong algorithm
GHC Hackathon presentations
- GHC commentary
- Simon Peyton Jones and Simon Marlow, 2006.
- Emacs Flymake
- Daisuke IKEGAMI, a demo of editing Haskell program on Emacs with on-the-fly syntax and type checking using flymake-mode (see also EmacsWiki:FlymakeHaskell for details), 11 November 2007
- HAL2 meeting in July 2007 in Leipzig, presenting talks about Generic Programming, Eclipse for Haskell, Grapefruit GUI and Music+Sound generation
- GADTs for darcs
- David Roundy, FOSDEM, 2006
- Functional Image Synthesis
- Conal Elliott, talk at University of Washington, November 2000
- Tangible Functional Programming: a modern marriage of usability and composability
- Conal Elliott. Google TechTalk, November 2007