Web/Projects and Ideas
< Web(Difference between revisions)
m (Link to Bravo)
Revision as of 23:26, 23 March 2010
Web Project Ideas
Below is essentially a wishlist of projects. If you decide to implement one of them, please update this page accordingly!
- Augment authenticate package to support more providers (Twitter, Facebook, OpenId 2, etc)
- Create a WAI handler which uses Webkit to convert web applications into desktop apps. See hack-handler-webkit for prior art.
- The Haskell equivalent of an Object Relational Mapping. Of course, we're not object-oriented, so we have an advantage in this department. Also, we shouldn't limit ourselves to SQL.
- Compile-time checked templates. Bravo might be a possibility, though a StringTemplate syntax might be more user-friendly. Also, link checking should be included.
- GZIP compression using an Enumerator instead of a lazy bytestring. This would clean up the GZIP middleware in wai-extra.
- fastcgi handler for WAI. See the hack-handler-fastcgi package; it should be a simple port.