Web/Projects and Ideas
< Web(Difference between revisions)
m (Adding info box)
(Move items to completed, mention Yesod wishlist)
Latest revision as of 20:33, 17 February 2011
|Haskell Web Development|
 1 Web Project Ideas
Please add your own ideas to this page. In addition, the Yesod project keeps its own wishlist which includes many generally-useful project ideas.
 1.1 Completed
- Augment authenticate package to support more providers (Twitter, Facebook, OpenId 2, etc)
- See wai-handler-webkit, though it would be nice if it had better Windows support. Create a WAI handler which uses Webkit to convert web applications into desktop apps. See hack-handler-webkit for prior art.
- I'm satisfied with Persistent, though there is still plenty to be done in this design space. The Haskell equivalent of an Object Relational Mapping. Of course, we're not object-oriented, so we have an advantage in this department. Also, we shouldn't limit ourselves to SQL.
- See Hamlet. Compile-time checked templates. Bravo might be a possibility, though a StringTemplate syntax might be more user-friendly. Also, link checking should be included.
- Included in wai-extra. GZIP compression using an Enumerator instead of a lazy bytestring. This would clean up the GZIP middleware in wai-extra.
- See wai-fastcgi. fastcgi handler for WAI. See the hack-handler-fastcgi package; it should be a simple port.