Revision as of 02:53, 21 October 2006 by Vijucat
- GHC : Special note for Cygwin users - http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/platforms.html
- GUI : WxHaskell (new release in progress, goal < 2007-01). Note, see also WxHaskell Install
- Win32 - low levelish bindings to Windows API. Comes with ghc and non-minimal hugs distribution. Win32 darcs repo
- HDBC-ODBC under Windows for database access.
Special tips and tricks for Windows
- darcs : http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/WindowsConfiguration (although darcs send seems to be broken for now [2006-08-30])
- Make sure your Haskell compiler (e.g. GHC) and tools are on your system path: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
- GHCi: Using GHCi from a DOS box sucks. Using it from withing shell mode in Emacs sucks a lot less - do 'M-x shell' in emacs, then type 'ghci'.
- GHCi on cygwin: When running GHC under a Cygwin shell on Windows, Ctrl-C sometimes doesn't work. A very good workaround is to use the rlwrap program to invoke ghci : In addition to proper Ctrl-C, you also get emacs (or vi) key bindings and command history across sessions.