Revision as of 17:07, 18 March 2009 by Henk-Jan van Tuyl (talk | contribs) (Changed description of wxHaskell; added link to Win32 package; added winerror; updated several links)
GHC is well supported on Windows.
- Emacs, Vi(m), etc
- Visual Haskell
- GUI : wxHaskell - A binding of wxWidgets (formerly known as wxWindows) in Haskell. Note, see also wxHaskell/Building
- GUI : Gtk2Hs - A binding of GTK in Haskell. Note this requires installing GTK on windows.
- Win32 - low levelish bindings to Windows API. Comes with ghc and non-minimal hugs distribution. Win32 darcs repo
- HDBC-ODBC under Windows for database access.
- winerror: Error handling for foreign calls to the Windows API
Special tips and tricks for Windows
- darcs : http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/WindowsConfiguration (although darcs send seems to be broken for now [2006-08-30])
- Make sure your Haskell compiler (e.g. GHC) and tools are on your system path: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
- GHCi: Using GHCi from a DOS box sucks. Using it from withing shell mode in Emacs sucks a lot less - do 'M-x shell' in emacs, then type 'ghci'.
- GHCi on cygwin: When running GHC under a Cygwin shell on Windows, Ctrl-C sometimes doesn't work. A workaround is to use the rlwrap program to invoke ghci : In addition to proper Ctrl-C, you also get emacs (or vi) key bindings and command history across sessions, which saves you a load of typing.
Alex 2.0.1 (obsolete) (website) ; Cpphs 1.2 (obsolete) (website) ; Darcs 2.2.1 for Windows without Cygwin ; Darcs 2.2.0 for Windows without Cygwin, with SSH support files ; Darcs 2.2.0 for Windows with Cygwin (website) ; Drift (website) ; GHC 6.10.1 (website) ; Haddock 0.7 (obsolete) (website) ; Hat July 2006 (website) ; Happy 1.13 (obsolete) (website) ; Hoogle June 2006 (obsolete) (website) ; HsColour 1.9 (website) ; Lambda Shell 0.3 (obsolete) (website) ; WinHugs May 2006 (website) ;
CVS 1.11.22 (website) ; Python 2.4.3 (website) ; Scons 0.96.1 (website) ; SVN 1.3.2 (website) ; TextPad 4.7.3 (website) ; Unix Utils 14-04-03 (website) ;