GHC 6.8.3, wxWidgets 2.6.4, wxHaskell 0.10.3 (binary)
- Download the wxhaskell binary from sourceforge
- Unpack wxhaskell-*.zip. And double-click wxhaskell-*\bin\wxhaskell-register.bat.
- wxhaskell-register.bat install wxHaskell to your system.
Assumptions (a.k.a. what I have tested)
- GHC 6.4.2 (Jason Dagit reports success with GHC 6.5 as well).
- Cygwin installation. See | wxHaskell cygwin page for detail, but broadly, you need Cygwin bash and install binaries.
- wxWidgets built/installed in a path with no spaces in it. Actually you can use a path with spaces but there are a few rules. For example, I had ghc installed to this location:
C:\Program Files\Visual Haskell
So this required me to use the following configure command:
The two important things here are: 1) You must use the forward slash and 2) you cannot use spaces.
Next I found that I needed to add C:\Program Files\Visual Haskell to my path so that the wxHaskell dlls could be located by windows.
- Environment variables:
- PATH should include MinGW and Cygwin binary directories. MinGW must come before Cygwin in PATH.
- WXHASKELL environment var points to wxHaskell install directory.
- WXWIN environment directory points to wxWidgets install directory.
For more detailed information, see Installing wxWidgets 2.6.4 on Microsoft Windows 9x/ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows CE.