Revision as of 12:45, 6 November 2009
The Haskell Hackathon is an international, grassroots collaborative coding festival with a simple focus: build and improve Haskell libraries, tools, and infrastructure.
ZuriHac will be held in March at the Google office in Zurich. It is open to all -- you do not have to be a Haskell guru to attend. All you need is a basic knowledge of Haskell, a willingness to learn, and a project you're excited to help with (or a project of your own to work on).
There will be lots of hacking, some talks, good food, and, of course, fun!
If you will be attending, please register.
March 19-21, 2010, from 2:30-6:30pm Friday, 10am-6:30pm Saturday, and 10am-6:30pm Sunday.
We will be in the TechTalk area of the Google office.
You should bring a laptop with wireless (802.11). The room has whiteboards and a projector for any discussions or should anyone wish to give a talk.
6.1 Getting to Zurich
There are direct flight to Zurich airport (code: ZRH) from most major European cities. Switzerland also has excellent and reasonably priced train connections with the rest of Europe.
6.2 Getting to the Google Office
The train and tram stop closest to the Google office is Bahnhof Enge. You can take tram 5, 6, 7, 13, or S-Bahn S2 to get there. It takes about seven minutes by tram from the main train station (Zurich HB) to Bahnhof Enge and another five minutes to walk to the office.
6.2.1 From the Airport
Take S-Bahn S2 directly to Bahnhof Enge and walk from there. Alternatively, take any S-Bahn that goes to the main train station (Zurich HB) and take tram 6, 7, or 13 to Bahnhof Enge.
7.1 What to bring
- A laptop
- Wireless card if necessary. There will be wireless network access. Ethernet access will probably not be available. If you really need ethernet access, please contact the organizers.
- Mobile phone
For any questions or emergencies, you can always call Johan Tibell at +41-787-978230.
9 Possible Attendees
Note: this section was just to gauge the level of interest in having a hackathon. To actually register, please visit the registration page.
- Johan Tibell (tibbe)
- Christophe Poucet (poucet)
- Duncan Coutts (dcoutts)
- Ganesh Sittampalam (Heffalump)
- Iustin Pop
- Tom Harper (sioraiocht)
- Simon Meier
- Marc A. Ziegert (coeus)
- Joachim Breitner (nomeata)
- Reinier Lamers (tux_rocker)
- Chris Eidhof (chr1s)
- Ian Lynagh (Igloo)
- Valery V. Vorotyntsev (vvv)
- Eric Kow (kowey)
- Guillaume Hoffmann (gh_: impossible: 5-7)
- Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken (jutaro)
- Eelco Lempsink (eelco)
- Muharem Hrnjadovic (almaisan)
- Andres Löh (kosmikus; impossible: 12-14)
- Clara Löh (smurfpje; impossible: 12-14)
- Mathias Koerner (difficult: 5-7)
- George van den Driessche
- Valentin Wüstholz
- Johan Tibell (irc: tibbe, e-mail: email@example.com)
- Christophe Poucet (irc: poucet, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)