Quad-core enabled parallel Haskell benchmark entries, for the 64 bit quad core benchmarks game.
- Check the GC stats with +RTS -sstderr -RTS, if that number if over 5%, use -HxxxM to set a better default heap size. (Note *this is probably not permitted by the "initial allocation area rule" for the binary-trees benchmark).
- Use N capabilities for SMP, e.g. +RTS -N4 -RTS, for the quad core.
- Take the single threaded, fast programs and parallelise them
- Parallel strategies are the lightest way to add SMP capabilities.
- Contact dons or sbahra on #haskell for access to a quad or eight-way benchmark machine, before uploading.
- See if you can use the new parallel GC to good effect: no entries currently do.
- /BinaryTrees and /BinaryTreesDPH
Not yet parallelised
- /Pidigits (note GHC 6.10.1 has a GC bug illustrated by this program)