The Haskell Cabal:
- The Common Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries
- Cabal is a package and build system. Cabal is only involved in the creation of packages and the building of their contents. It does not manage packages.
- Cabal-Install installs cabal packages. It is distinct from Cabal (the build system). This often confuses new users. Furthermore, Cabal-Install is not a fully featured package manager. For example, it cannot install non cabal packaged dependencies, it cannot uninstall packages, nor can it automatically upgrade installations.
Information for package users
- Cabal User Guide
- An introduction to cabal-install
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cabal-Install - tool that greatly simplifies installation of Cabal packages
- Cabal-Sort - assistance with compilation of multiple cabal packages
- Hackage - the Haskell community's public repository of cabal packages
- Other cabal related packages on hackage