Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Gallery is a repository of small programs. Each one should compile to a complete executable that does something, but also illustrates what a Haskell program actually looks like. Good Gallery examples should be well commented with a view to helping new programmers understand what is going on.
- Phone number: Generates mnemonics for phone numbers. Actually written as a benchmark.
- Sudoku: Several Sudoku solvers
- Wc: A number of increasingly sophisticated wc -l programs, written as a benchmark.
- Anagrams: Short but efficient program that generates anagrams using Data.ByteString.
- Guess a random number: Simple 'guess the random number game', demonstrating IO, random numbers, and basic environment interaction (getArgs, exitWith, user interaction).
- Simple STM example: A really simple toy program illustrating sofware transactional memory (STM).
- Background thread example: An example of sending work to background threads, using software transational memory
- Simple unix tools, one liner unix tools in Haskell
- Roll your own IRC bot, build a small IRC bot, with a monad transformer
- Bowling: Examples based on scoring a game of bowling
- Santa: Solutions to the concurrent Santa puzzle
See also the example code page.