Hac4: Haskell Hackathon
Dates: Apr 11-13, 2008.
Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden
The 4th Haskell Hackathon will be held over 3 days, April 11-13 2008, at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology in Göteborg, Sweden. It is a coding festival, focusing on producing and improving Haskell libraries, tools and infrastructure.
To attend please register, and get ready to hack!
The Hackathon itself will be free, but you will have to pay for travel, accommodation and food.
If you will be attending add your name to the Registration page. Numbers may be limited, depending on availablity of space.
The Hackathon will be held April 11-13 2008, tentatively from 10am to 6pm each day, with dinner after at local venues.
What to bring
- A laptop
- Wireless cards
- Power adaptors if necessary
- Mobile phone
There will be wireless network access. Ethernet access will probably not be available. If you really need ethernet access, please contact the organizers.
Power sockets in Sweden are CEE 7/4, delivering 230V at 50Hz.
Before you arrive
- Pick out a couple of projects to work on and familiarise yourself with them
- Install an up to date Haskell toolchain (preferrably ghc-6.8.2).
Projects to work on
Add ideas here for which you think hacking together as a group (rather than individually) would be beneficial. See also the more detailed projects page.
- Building tests that give 100% code coverage for package base.
- Lots of Cabal hacking still to be done
- Bindings for <your favourite C library>
- Haskell library for <your favourite task>
Previous Haskell hackathons
The organisers for the Hackathon are: