Revision as of 10:24, 15 October 2015 by Henk-Jan van Tuyl (→Windows specific actions: Added instructions, using the freealut source code)
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
A binding for the OpenAL Utility Toolkit
- Hackage: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ALUT
- Repository: git clone https://github.com/haskell-openal/ALUT
Windows specific actions
The following must be installed first:
- MSYS2 or MinGW/MSYS
- The C++ package of ALUT, freealut
To install freealut:
- Start a shell
- Go to the directory where you want the freealut source code, for example
- Fetch the source code with Git:
- Install CMake
- Start cmake-gui
- Enter the directory of the freealut source code (
C:\Temp\freealut) and the directory where you want the compile result, for example
- Add the entries in the table below, by pressing "Add Entry" for each entry
||the directory containing the OpenAL header file|
- Press "Configure"
- Press "Generate"; this will generate a makefile
- In the shell, go to the directory where you want the compile result, for example
- Start the MSYS shell:
- Run the make utility:
- Set environment variables as follows:
Set LIBRARY_DIR=C:\Libraries Set C_INCLUDE_PATH=%LIBRARY_DIR%\ALUT\include;%C_INCLUDE_PATH% Set LIBRARY_PATH=%LIBRARY_DIR%\ALUT\lib;%LIBRARY_PATH% Set PATH=%LIBRARY_DIR%\ALUT\bin;%PATH%
- If you need these variables more often, set them permanently.
- The directory
%LIBRARY_DIR%\ALUT\bincontains libalut.dll; this DLL must always be in the search path when you run an ALUT-using application.
- StateVar: This package contains state variables, which are references in the IO monad, like IORefs or parts of the OpenGL state
- OpenAL 3D sound software
- OpenGL 3D graphics software
An alternative to ALUT might be OALWrapper