This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Android is an operating system for mobile devices, based on Linux; software development is mainly done in Java. See the Wikipedia article for more information.
How to develop Android software in Haskell
Another option is, to use Thrift, as described in the blog article Thrift and Haskell
There has also been some success in compiling GHC as a cross compiler. See below.
- StackOverflow: Running a Haskell program on the Android OS
- Reddit: Haskell on Android, Haskell bindings for Android NDK APIs and An ARM port of GHC that works (so we can program the iphone or android)
- Google+ So who else is interested in getting Haskell running on Android?
- Cross-compiling GHC
- ghc-android; a build script for building ghc cross compilers targeting Android.
- docker-build-ghc-android; a Dockerfile to build a GHC cross compiler targeting Android in Debian Wheezy. Based heavily on ghc-android.
- hugs-android; a port of HUGS Haskell interpreter to Android.
- GHC on ARM