On June the 9th, Microsoft Research sent out an advert for job. This job involves maintaining the Glorious Glasgow Compiler, and created quite a stir in the Haskell community: It's the job we've all been hoping for! After a while the CV's were sent, and Microsoft Research has now invited several Haskellers for an interview at Cambridge, UK.
This event has been recognized as a great opportunity for a Haskell gathering and we hereby invite all Haskellers (and other cool people) to a fun couple of days in Cambridge.
- Friday the 4th and Saturday the 5th of August.
- Lemmih (anytime between 31st of July to 11th of August, can stay for a couple of days)
- PhilippaCowderoy (barring emergencies, can hang around)
- ShaeErisson (can stay for a couple of days)
- Peter Nuttall (am around from the 26 July onwards, baring the 3rd when I'm in ipswitch)
- Gen Zhang (am in Cambridge anyway)
- GaneshSittampalam (for at least some of the time)
- Neil Mitchell - ndm (can come for the 5th, if I can have some floor space)
- Liyang HU (provided there's some sort of concrete plan...)
- dcoutts (depends on the date)
- xerox (depends on the date)
- GK (depends on the date; it'd be great to meet some of the wonderful Haskell community folks)
- EdwinBrady (depends on the date; would probably stay a couple of days)
- vincenz (depends on the date, preferably a day or two, partially weekend)
- Would need details in advance to reserve ticket for EUROSTAR
- Are there places we can crash, rooms we can share?
- If dcoutts goes then he can probably offer floor space to a few.
- I (psnl) have 14 sq metres of floor crash space in a college.
- Is there a more concrete plan? What exactly are we doing?