Applications and libraries/Database interfaces
< Applications and libraries
- The copyright status of this work is not known. Please help resolve this on the talk page.
This page contains a list of libraries and tools in a certain category. For a comprehensive list of such pages, see Applications and libraries.
Haskell Database Libraries
- HSQL is a simple library which provides an interface to multiple databases. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, SQLite and Oracle are currently supported. It is part of HToolkit.
- See a separate Haskell Wiki page on it. Daan Leijen's original HaskellDB, and an updated version that works with current Haskell implementations and is relatively platform-independent. HaskellDB is a combinator library for expressing queries and other operations on relational databases in a type safe and declarative way. All the queries and operations are completely expressed within Haskell, no embedded (SQL) commands are needed. This close integration makes it possible to do arbitrary computations on the database (like computing the transitive closure).
- See a separate Haskell Wiki page on it. It is another type safe and declarative approach to database managament in Haskell.
- HDBC is modeled loosely on Perl's DBI interface, though it has also been influenced by Python's DB-API v2, JDBC in Java, and HSQL in Haskell.
- HaSQL is a Haskell to ODBC interface. HaSQL allows Haskell program to run SQL queries against an ODBC compliant database. Queries with parameters are supported. Data is retrieved from the database as a lazy list.
- libpq binding
- A Haskell binding to libpq, a client-side PostgreSQL programming library, together with a simple DBI for Haskell. It enables the programmer to write database-independent code.
- VooDooM reads VDM-SL specifications and applies transformation rules to the datatypes that are defined in them to obtain a relational representation for these datatypes. The relational representation can be exported as VDM-SL datatypes (inserted back into the original specification) or SQL table definitions (which can be fed to a relational DBMS)
- MySQL-HS is an interface to the MySQL database.